Planning plugin development projects

That’s kinda neat. Does it support cross-server stuff?
I don’t think that a chat plugin will be particularly hard to write anyway, but maybe I’ll contact the author :slight_smile:
Wait a sec, major derp. Didn’t realise that you were botskonet :wink:

Just looked at your plugin, it’s sweet. I’m happy to add in cross server integration if you don’t want to, once it’s ported.

There’s some really basic cross-server stuff, we have that working well on our servers, but it certainly needs to be cleaned and needs someone better at networking code.

Yep, sponge should natively support cross-server communication.

Well, I’m definitely not going to say I’m amazing at networking, though I did make the Herochat bridge which isn’t exactly a work of art, but does the job. Main reason I was going to make a chat plugin was so I could implement my XenForo based web chat system directly into it.
Don’t look at the code, it’s hideous. :wink:

My XServer plugin for Bukkit & Bungeecord was my first bigger networking api plugin.
If I would write it again I would do a lot different.

@KoolKrafter and @viveleroi Should we start a Sponge cross-server communication api / implementation?

Sure, if you want. I like the bungee plugin messages, but having a player on is an annoying requirement.

I’d be happy to help anyone to port over some plugins if they need an extra hand :slight_smile:

I am opening a new topic under Sponge Development ^^

I’m most likely just gonna port my plugins (Easy Pvp Kits & Extended Chat)

done ^^

Awesome! CommandHelper support sounds great!

I’m planning to create a npm/apt-get alternative for sponge, e.g. apt-sponge install essentials

I am willing to help where I can with updating / moving plugins over :slight_smile:

Mob controlling, mob interacting, mob APIs, vehicle modding, mini games, big time cross network interacting (Mainly Bungee stuff but still), GUIs. Eh, I think that’s about it.

I will be porting GriefPrevention, AntiXRay, and PopulationDensity over to sponge. -BigScary

Possibly, yes.

If it’s helpful in anyway, here’s the darmok cross-server basics we use atm:

Hey folks, there is another, Bigger thread covering much of this ground. It has a well-updated and detailed list, with quite a few plugins claimed by their developers. It may be useful if these threads could be merged somehow. Here’s the other topic:

1 Like

I plan to port my plugin “Landlord” once the API is sufficiently mature.
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/landlord/

I have to recode a-bunch of private plugins for JAC.

Other than that, I’d be more than happy to assist anyone! :smile: