Sponge Hangout Server?

Modded,Non-Modder
Creative,Survival

etc

Why not poll, then? And if it’s going to be hanging out for the most part anyways, I doubt it really matters.

1 Like

I think we should just do a Survival server. Minigames aren’t my thing. Although a poll would work for me. :smile:

4 Likes

I could set it up i have two servers in my basement (HP DL160 G6 32 cores 40gb Ddr3 ram)

I could create a cauldron (1.7.2) server or vanilla 1.8

Crazy-ass off-the-wall suggestion: A mixed gamemode server.
How? I ran one called Tartarus for 6 months, with creative players (Engineers with ranked build limitations) making deathtrap dungeons and the like, and adventure-mode players (Explorers, with no power to place blocks) doing their best to get through them. It catered for creative builders and dungeon battlers simultaneously, and they competed intensely.
Maybe too complex administratively for y’all, but it was a cool idea at the time.

1 Like

The administration is always a pain, so idk. With a pain I mean that the staff gets tired of the crap.
(Mostly the reason why most modded servers go down, I literary come never on on the server I am dedicated to).

Ma definition/list of crap:

• Lost Stuff
  • Felt in lava
  • People building obsidian walls around towns they don’t like
  • griefing
  • swearing
  • OMG I FOUND A GLITCH!!!
  • Admin I can’t open this door ?
  • How do I claim land?
    (This is for moded servers only)
  • Ma quarry doesn’t work (Stirling engine not redstone -_-)
  • I can’t craft a redstone energy cell (wrong coil u f*** noob)

Reason why this will not happen:

• Their are to many people here that own a server
  • The Sponge staff has probably no time to set up a “hangout server”

I like the idea thought, its only a lot of work.

4 Likes

Or people that start a group and then when the rest is afk 1 will take all the items and start on its own. So the rest can begin a flame war.

I will be happy to help out in the building process for the server :smiley: :trollface: (Love The Emoji’s) :smirk:

That would be great man :smiley:

I think me along with most of the other members would be more willing to wait for something official, you haven’t really posted before so no one really knows you… just saying. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ll see how it goes. I haven’t really posted much because I have nothing of value to add.

You mean… none?

That’s really an understatement. :stuck_out_tongue: The event system is pretty infantile, at the moment, at most plugins require at least that. I don’t even think BlockType map to specific blocks, yet. But, all things come in time. It’s probably a bit premature to worry about actually running a Sponge server.

Though, it might be interesting to have an “unstable” and “stable” community server - one which runs the latest working build, and another that runs that latest stable build - in an official capacity. No offense, but I (and I’d imagine a few others) would probably be more willing to participate in a server run by a developer.

I love the competition of people obviously trying to be the first at everything Sponge once will have.
Guys, stop trying to reserve rights & privileges for you, and rathee activate your brain. Make good decisions and stop being overhasty.

That sounds pretty intense. Was it successful in keeping both parties interested in playing?

This sounds really badass, actually.

For a while. Players tended to want to swap between the groups, which was harder to manage - especially the economy bit. We only let trusted players start as Engineers, and others had to earn trust to get ranked by the other Engineers. But to work properly, you need a great many Engineers to keep a smaller group of Explorers satisfied with new places to go. I suppose with the right sets of build perms, it’s possible to be in both groups, just in different regions.
I think many players got a kick out of the idea that they could get ranked up by making a deathtrap that defeats the admin staff (amongst other criteria).

As this thread is discussing the possibility of a somewhat Official hangout server, I’m removing all the links to unofficial servers (Due to a rule change). However, feel free to carry on the discussion. :smile:

As this thread is discussing the possibility of a somewhat Official hangout server, I’m removing all the links to unofficial servers (Due to a rule change). However, feel free to carry on the discussion. smile

Not sure if I missed a memo, but server links through PM are fine, right? (Of course not like mass PM adverts).

If someone asks you for your server address, certainly. However unsolicited advertising PMs are indeed forbidden.