Sponge Hangout Server?

I think me along with most of the other members would be more willing to wait for something official, you haven’t really posted before so no one really knows you… just saying. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ll see how it goes. I haven’t really posted much because I have nothing of value to add.

You mean… none?

That’s really an understatement. :stuck_out_tongue: The event system is pretty infantile, at the moment, at most plugins require at least that. I don’t even think BlockType map to specific blocks, yet. But, all things come in time. It’s probably a bit premature to worry about actually running a Sponge server.

Though, it might be interesting to have an “unstable” and “stable” community server - one which runs the latest working build, and another that runs that latest stable build - in an official capacity. No offense, but I (and I’d imagine a few others) would probably be more willing to participate in a server run by a developer.

I love the competition of people obviously trying to be the first at everything Sponge once will have.
Guys, stop trying to reserve rights & privileges for you, and rathee activate your brain. Make good decisions and stop being overhasty.

That sounds pretty intense. Was it successful in keeping both parties interested in playing?

This sounds really badass, actually.

For a while. Players tended to want to swap between the groups, which was harder to manage - especially the economy bit. We only let trusted players start as Engineers, and others had to earn trust to get ranked by the other Engineers. But to work properly, you need a great many Engineers to keep a smaller group of Explorers satisfied with new places to go. I suppose with the right sets of build perms, it’s possible to be in both groups, just in different regions.
I think many players got a kick out of the idea that they could get ranked up by making a deathtrap that defeats the admin staff (amongst other criteria).

As this thread is discussing the possibility of a somewhat Official hangout server, I’m removing all the links to unofficial servers (Due to a rule change). However, feel free to carry on the discussion. :smile:

As this thread is discussing the possibility of a somewhat Official hangout server, I’m removing all the links to unofficial servers (Due to a rule change). However, feel free to carry on the discussion. smile

Not sure if I missed a memo, but server links through PM are fine, right? (Of course not like mass PM adverts).

If someone asks you for your server address, certainly. However unsolicited advertising PMs are indeed forbidden.

Great.

This is going to get no progress unless we just pick one. I’ll create a form for applications so people can detail their hardware, their experience with managing this hardware, and anything else people thing is needed to know. I think as for gamemode, multiple people can host a server, or we should have separate survival and creative servers so that people don’t have to choose one.

I think Factions would be good.
We could do like wars with the Sponge community, and it could turn out well

1 Like

To be honest, I think all we need is just an idling server, for the community to hang out in whilst they are doing other things. I don’t think there is any need for solid gameplay, just more of a in-game chatroom. I’d be more than happy to build the lobby as I own a build team that can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/CephyrMC/

1 Like

What about a modified version of Factions where you can write code to do things such as claim or protect land. For example, a faction moderator can do something such as “/f script http://pastebin.com/WsiBVm7D”.

Or just a completely separate plugin than factions to be able to do that type of stuff.

I like that idea as well as @EmperorKC’s. Maybe there can be a PvP plugin in it, but mostly a big lobby for idling. Parkour challenges are nice for lobbies (I tend to always do parkour challenges in server lobbies). Hmm, what if the server has a plugin to procedurally generate a new parkour challenge each day?

Pullin a Death By Void type of thing.

Don’t forget:

• Spamming
  • Advertising
  • Stealing (Some servers consider it separate from grief)
  • Lieing; It’s the best when you saw them do something and they still think they can argue that they didn’t
  • The constant “Can I have (op/creative/admin/ect)?”
  • 9 year old 1337 DDoS hack master wizzard pro
  • DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA.

I could go on and on. I’ve been on this scene way too long.

4 Likes

That’d be my suggestion. That pretty much does exactly what the OP asked/suggested, and I myself would be interested in a new haunt.