Top Priority?

Just a few more ideas:

• multi world support (such as MultiVerse)
  • live world map (dynmap)
  • chest/inventory protection (such as lwc)
  • banning tools
1 Like

That’s because Towny forever, and EdgarL is one of the developers for this project. I’m sure it will be one of the first plugins ported over, or at least started to, considering it’s a huge plugin.

Multiverse I’m sure will be ported over.

Dynmap already has a version for just plain forge- it shouldn’t need porting!

Most likely will be ported right away, especially lockette

Banning tools are easy, I’m sure those will be in fast

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that so many smaller plugins may not be ported over.

I’d like to see some form of Entity Control like that present in EntityManager to nerf spawners.

I hope you can manage to produce a permissions system that can avoid the brutal methods PermissionsEx deploys to achieve its’ evil ends (and caused much consternation). That implies a good deal of versatility from the API, if I understand correctly.
[Caveat: I’m no java coder so I could be talking through my wizardly Hat]

Factions :3

My top priotity :

• Auto save
  • Auto Backup
  • Permissions
  • World guard

Not quite sure how fast a new Anti-Cheat will come out seeing as the Bukkit dev of it will probably not be coming here.

To keep track of what should be implemented first, and by whom, and to do this together in an organized fashion, I recommend you try creating topics for group development like this one.

those would be the basic one i would really love to see working under sponge

Must have :

• world edit / worlguard ( to protect land and prevent lot of greif )
  • chest lock ( LWC or lockette, personally prefer LWC )
    usefull to have :
  • Dynamp
  • Dynmap worlguard
  • Hawkeye ( or something that tell you who broke stuff so can ban greifer )
  • protect animals ( protect friendly creature in a worldguard area )

then those would be nice to have :

• groupmanager
  • essentials / essentials spawn ( for /sethome and the /tpa )
  • Found diamond ( retrace those poeple that do x-ray by checking where they found dimaonds, like xray holes, strange deviation, under lava mining )
  • frame protect ( for those poeple who put stuff in item frames )
  • pvp toggle ( so can leave pvp on the server and those that doesn’t want to pvp can just turn it off )

fun stuff but not really a priority:

• multiworld ( separate inventory for diff world )
  • skyblock

I didn’t see this mentioned, but a server side irc client is really important to me (Like purpleirc and Royalirc) Most of the time it’s the only way for some of my players to contact me since I lurk in the irc constantly. In fact, I only really used bukkit/spigot for the client and backups. Also, I had been planning on using Multiverse so I wanna 1+ porting of that.

tl;dr

• Server side irc client (Purple irc, Royal irc)

• Multiple worlds (Multiverse, or even bungee though it’s not really the same)

Thanks for all of your hard work devs! And thanks in advance for the work you’re gonna put into it in the future. Maybe in a few years I’ll be code savvy enough help out :slight_smile:

Are we talking about a list of plugins similar to plugins.bukkit.org?

Flagged post for staff to review if this link is not permitted.

@HeirOfChairs As this is going to be running ontop of Forge it might not really be all that wise to reinvent the wheel on stuff like IRC client. Take a look at EiraIRC (http://blay09.net) for a forge based IRC client, works both server and client side.

1 Like

Here here! Coming from Bukkit, I might redo a couple of my plugins. But not all of them. :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Worldguard, PermissionsEx
  2. AreaShop
  3. Worldedit
  4. Essentials or similar
    And: Vault, anything for Economy, Votifier, LWC,
1 Like

I will take care of AreaShop, just need WorldGuard and WorldEdit first and then the work can start.

I’m also considering porting a (currently private) warps plugin to Sponge and releasing it to the public. It allows users to create private warps (basically like homes) and also public warps, of course limits for certain user groups can be changed by giving certain permissions.

1 Like

You are the best!

I’ll have all the anti grief covered with my port of GriefPrevention. Already started working on it.

Oh! I never even heard of that! Thanks! I also keep forgetting this is running over forge rather than being a standalone. Sorry!

I’ve missed you! I’m glad you are the one porting GP.

EDIT: Still getting used to Discourse.

Very glad to be back! Hope this project goes as well as it looks like it will. I’m chomping at the bit waiting for enough implementation to actually start converting code over.

1 Like