Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

Is that the whole file?

Yes thats the entire file for nucleus/general.json

Yeah, that’s what’s happened. The file didn’t fully save, it’s not complete. Have a look at general.json.bak, that should have more in it. Rename that to general.json.

I should catch that exception on startup, and try to ensure that the file is properly saved on… save.

Well that worked. Thank you =)

You’re very welcome, sorry that happened! Glad I save the backup. I’ll try to make that error more obvious in future! :slight_smile:

Version 0.17.1 is now available for Minecraft 1.10.2 and 1.11.2

This is a bug fix release that fixes the following

• Make /nucleus reload run on the server thread. (Yeah, this was async, I realised that I’m now registering/unregistering listeners, this needs to be done on the server thread - this was causing freezes.)
  • Work around exception trying to get some IDs for blockstates.
  • Automatically try to load data file backups if a data file fails to load.

Download Nucleus from GitHub Releases: Release Version 0.17.1 (for 1.10.2 and 1.11) · NucleusPowered/Nucleus · GitHub
No Ore link yet, apparently Nucleus is too big (at 3MB) because of it’s shaded dependencies! :confused:

2 Likes

It’s becoming quite a big plugin indeed, although I wouldn’t consider 3mb as big considering how much it offers players. I never imagined for Nucleus to offer so much more than Essentials bukkit. Amazing xD

Now all we need is a command that sends critters flying and then makes then go boom…

I’m hoping for a killall command where we can specify an entity or a type of entity like Hostile, and then put a radius for how far we want to kill that entity

1 Like

@MoeBoy76 Like this? That’s one for next time out, which might be a quick turnaround if I get a few other things done quick.

@rojo8399 Sure. I keep meaning to fold that into Nucleus’ /kill, but that might be a viable option too.

1 Like

I have been having some issues with the /ban command - players were not being fetched by Mojang, or they simply did not exist. Is there a way to ban them through IPs? We can easily find those on the logs, and truth be told, it is a step towards a more secure and complete ban.

Right now, just minecraft’s /ban-ip. I never added any IP banning to Nucleus, but I guess I probably could.

Would be interesting if you could ban variants - unsure if MC allows for this - but say ##.##.##.X, X being a variable that stands for any ending variant of the IP.

Custom /me message please

First post on the forums, please don’t hurt me!
Thanks for the great plugin, Nucleus will be used on my server as long as it’s available!

However, I think I’ve found a bug. Googled around and searched this thread but didn’t find any mention of it.
Currently running Nucleus 0.16.3-5.0 on MC 1.11 with Luckperms and WorldEdit. Just noticed the 0.17 update as I was typing this, I’ll try it tomorrow and report back if it fixes / further breaks things.

The issue is with placing links in info / motd files. Essentially what’s happening is any text placed around a command link isn’t displayed or has formatting issues. For example, if I place the following in the motd.txt:
Type &b[/info](/info info)&f for server information, command reference, etc!
Read the &b[/rules](/rules)&f before Playing!
The only thing displayed when /motd is typed is:
/info
/rules
I’ve also come across stranger things happening such as
Read the &b[rules (text formatting / command brackets randomly shown without being parsed / applied to the text, parts of the line cut off).

I haven’t had any problems placing a link by itself in it’s own line, and I haven’t been able to replicate the bug with url links (they seem to work fine when placed mid sentence as shown above).

Thanks, CN

1 Like

Hmm first time I’ve heard about this “command link”

Is there a documentation for it? (Couldn’t find it, maybe I’m blind ;_:wink:

Hey @Dualspiral, is there a way to check a players play time using nucleus? Like total time played online.

@CeruleanNutter I’ll look into it now for you - and I’ve spotted it. My mistake. Will get a version out very soon!

@SnowBlitzz http://nucleuspowered.org/docs/modules/info.html has the info!

@Riddle No, not as it stands. I think there is an issue where it’s been requested though.

2 Likes

Alright thanks Spiral, I’ll throw it on the github to track.