Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

dont want to give them perms to warp there on their own, its meant for safari zone

i thought i’d share this.
While randomly talking(not doing commands) i suddenly lost my tag for 1 sentence(came back after the 2nd sentence).
checked console and this is the error.

I can’t make works /invsee command… Help me

Hi There!

First let me say this plugin is outstanding :slight_smile:

I am wondering, is it possible to set the orientation (North, South, East, West) of a player when using /setspawn or /world setspawn?

I tried making sure that my toon was facing the desired direction but it always seems to default to facing south.

Thanks in advance!

I mean that i can see Admins inventories, but i can’t see players inventories…
Using /invsee Admin works… but if i try /invsee Player i get error that can’t find that name

@BokiP22 Version of the sponge? Nucleus version? List of plugins? Error in console? A screenshot of the output of the chat?

Sponge: 1.10.2-2202-5.1.0-BETA-2042
Nucleus: 0.19.1
Mixins: 0.15.0
No errors in console…
Plugins:

I can’t take a screenshot at the moment, but it say:
Could not find a player with name “Player1”

In main.conf, set core.debug-mode to true. Then, try again. Is there anything in the console then?

(Also, please don’t spam this thread so often, I’ve seen it, but I’ve been working today too!)

@Pixelhouse You’ve missed out the line above the stacktrace - if you have that, that would be really helpful! :slight_smile:

It looks Minecraft/Sponge related, but it’s odd, not seen that before!

@Rare_Candy I built /setspawn to automatically do that for you, if it isn’t, I’m slightly concerned. I’ll look into it for you.

In what scenarioes does it not work? /spawn? World transfer? Respawn on death?

@dualspiral no sir apologies i don’t have it anymore, it’s also the first time that happend to me while using your plugin for past 2 weeks. If i have it again i’ll let you know with the appropriate lines.

Thank you kindly.

@dualspiral - thank you for the rapid reply and thank you again for your awesome work!

The /setspawn /world setspawn command sets the XYZ properly, when you use /spawn you teleport to spawn and retain your toons orientation at the new location, very precisely at the exact angle. When you die or load the world for the first time you are always facing south, in my case this has the unfortunate effect of placing the players back to a very carefully designed spawn info center that they could possibly miss with this current configuration.

Perhaps this is as intended in your design, I was just thinking that I and I suspect many others would like to be able to control the direction the player faces when using any method /spawn, death or first login.

Thank you in advance for anything you come up with on this :slight_smile:

Oh, I assure you, it’s not intended - the rotation should stick. It worked once upon a time!

It could be a plugin/mod conflict. The problem is that Sponge/Minecraft only stores the location of spawn, so I have to set the rotation myself - and thus, I have to listen to events and change it myself. A mod, or Sponge, could be interfering in general.

I’ll investigate. I might just have to add a “brute-force” config switch that will change the rotation on the next tick - which isn’t great, but could be what you want at that point. Just depends on what you have loaded!

Is it possible for next update to make it so that when running /world border gen -a, to save less frequently? Maybe once every 10 minutes or so.

On average on my server when running gen -a, it saves the world every 20-30 seconds, and takes about 3-5 seconds to save (so >15% of time goes to saving the world). And when it’s saving, players who are online can’t execute commands, which leads to them spamming commands.

Yeah, OK, I do understand your point. I’ll probably make some sort of other flag though.

On the topic of support, I’d like to open up a Discord channel. I’ve had multiple questions asked about Discord, and with my (probably irrational) dislike of IRC and that Discord is more accessible to server owners, I figure it’s a good place for not only me to support you (though I won’t be around a huge amount), but for everyone to support each other.

So, don’t expect me on IRC (which I haven’t been on in months!), if you are interested, please join Discord at https://discord.gg/MC2mAuS (I hope that works!)

I will be looking for people to help out with the moderation side of it, in an act of nepotism, I will be asking friends of mine to help to start with, but as it (might) grow, I’d appreciate the help!

3 Likes

can you add priorities option to custom prefix?

http://nucleuspowered.org/docs/modules/chat.html#Custom_Prefixes

Would it be possible for you to make an option to add different chat groups to Nucleus (exactly like staff chat), so you could have your world chat, and then something like a Mature Chat, maybe? :o

Asked about this before and definitely think it should be part of nucleus. Since nucleus is already being used to handle chat and channels are a thing many servers have, and could be considered essential.

For now you could use something like simple chat. Personally I’m waiting till nucleus adds it because no urgency and prefer to have as little plugins as possible (since if there’s a problem, debugging and finding cause of problem can take way too long with too many mods).

I actually did install SimpleChat last night, the issue is, I can’t figure out a way to get SocialSpy, colors in chat, or URLs to work. :confused: Other than that, I do love the channel feature that it adds. I think it would be great if Nucleus added Channels as a feature. I like the way Nucleus runs, it’s smooth and easy to use.

I really like the idea of the [], {}, and () stuff (idk what they’re called) in the motd and info files. Would it be possible to implement that to /broadcast and /pbc as well?