Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

Alright, thank you again! :smiley:

Concerning /serverstat, how does it calculate the loaded chunks per world? Timings and /gc (an alias of that command, apparently) do not give the same count. This is also the case with entity count. Unless I missed it somewhere in the docs, I could not find the explanation.

Theres an automessage system in Nucleus?(i didnt found on docs)
If not, can be added?

1 Like

Hello,
Myself and some others have noticed that all releases after 0.14 have noticeable chat lag in staff chat and public chat. I am curious if any changes were made to the chat module after 0.14. With many players on, I’ve seen it take up to 3 or 4 seconds just for one message to send in chat. Timings are fine and I’ve narrowed it down to Nucleus.
Thanks!

I’m not experiencing this. Have you checked your server tps during this time?

I cannot seem to delete existing homes (it says it doesn’t exist yet it shows up in /homes) Also when i try to make a new home it says it was created but it isn’t.

No TPS loss. It’s definitely Nucleus conflicting with someone else perhaps. 0.14 it is fine.

I don’t know why this happens, but I will randomly become invisible to other players, and when I attempt to fix it by doing /v, I get kicked out of the server with “Internal Server Error.” Any idea why that’s happening? :o

Would someone care to explain to me this option. I know it changes from /list to minecraft:list but whats it for and what does it do?

multicraft-compatibility=true

Because as it is now, it gives me an extra line of spam instead of the previous one line.
(and i dont know what it is for aswell, so if someone could care to explain that to please).

12.01 23:21:18 [Server] Server thread/INFO Multicraft compatibility has been enabled. To use the Nucleus list command from the console, use /ls.
12.01 23:21:18 [Server] Server thread/INFO [nucleus]: Server ran the command: /minecraft:list

Also a little sidenot question also pertaining Nucleus.
the reset &r does not seem to work for me, as you can see &o makes my line go italic, but after the word griefprevention i do &r but it makes my entire line italic and does not reset the other text to regular.
Is this a common bug or am i doing something wrong here?

&o&a[Griefprevention](/info Griefprevention)&r &6-&f Learn to protect your home

I’ve been meaning to write this forum post for awhile, and seem to have keep forgetting for awhile. However, now I’m here! I currently have a PR Open for implementing Scheduled Tasks (Broadcast a Message every so often, Run a command every so often, shutdown every so often, etc., etc., etc.).

My question was one of use case for server admins. Which better fits your use cases for you in terms of broadcasting a message every so often:

• A standard plaintext message (e.g. only parses color formatting, but is plaintext)
  • A Templating setup similar/same as the Broadcast setup in the admin module.

Really I’m curious, is there a use case where you guys want to use templating in an automated message? Or are you just looking to broadcast something like a forums link, where basic color formatting is all that’s really needed.

@Rasgnarok I simply use the number of chunks in World#getLoadedChunks(), which is list of all loaded chunks. Similarly, for entities, World#getEntities(). Note that timings are not instantaneous unlike /serverstat, so I expect some varience because there might be some averaging.

Lines in question: Nucleus/ServerStatCommand.java at sponge-api/5 · NucleusPowered/Nucleus · GitHub

@FabioZumbi12 It’s planned, see @SecurityInsanity’s post, we’d like some input!

@zachincool I’ll have to look, but no, there were no chat related changes in 0.14->0.15, though it might have been around that time where I changed a permission group check. I noticed slowdown with some permission plugins, though again, these were reported and fixed very quickly. Chat also runs on the main thread, so if it’s not causing a TPS slowdown, then something very odd is happening and I would not blame Nucleus, no TPS loss means it’s definately taking it off the main thread.

/nucleus info will create a file with all your mods on. It would be useful to see what you’re running and what could be conflicting.

@Mattigins Are any of these homes unavailable to warp to? It might be a dodgy check on my end from some legacy code handling that I missed when updating the home system.

@Pixelhouse

Multicraft uses /list to get the player list and parses the output - it does this by sending the /list command to the console every so often. Nucleus overrides this to give a /list with features they are used to from Essentials, but this messes with Multicraft - so if list is run from the console, it runs minecraft:list instead and Multicraft gets the output it is looking for.

The message was there to warn users about using /list in console that you get Minecraft’s list, not Nucleus’ list. I’ll add a flag to silence it.

As for the other line (Server ran the command: /minecraft:list), a lot of server owners want to see the commands players run in the console. You can turn this off by disabling the command-logger module in main.conf (set command-logger=DISABLED) and restarting.

I’ll look into the reset problem, but I don’t know why that doesn’t work.

Right, because I noticed pretty big gaps between the number in the timings (at any given time) and /gc, which normally gives me something in the 5000+ and timings, between 1000 and 2000. Unless there is something that /serverstat does not account for that timings does, it would imply that one or the other is giving the incorrect output (and if it is timings, could signal large miscalculations). I understand timings does not give loaded chunks at an exact moment, but my issue here is that /gc is telling me there are 37 players online and 6296 loaded chunks, a number insanely high.

Here is /gc and here is my timings (taken at the same time).

Thanks Dual,
Also, is there a reason that /socialspy returns “You cannot turn off social spy” most of the time?

If it is of any help, I can also confirm that with 34 players online, my /gc has shown 6040 chunks loaded. So you are not alone in the really high chunks.

@zachincool Deny the permission nucleus.socialspy.force to prevent this. Some users wants the ability to force social spy on players - that’s why it’s there.

A small question i did not seem to find the answer for yet.
I want to set a lore/itemname on an item, and was wondering if there’s an option to include their name.
for example /itemname set &e{{name}}'s Claimshovel.

Also i sidenote, if it were to work, can i add them to a kit and have their name shown up, not mine?
As on the time i’m transfering the item to the kit its called Pixelhouse’s Claimshovel for example.
Thanks in advance!

Neat idea to be honest, if you want each player to have their own item, something limited and obtainable only to first join, eg. SnowBlitzz’s Nether Star, that would be amazing.

@Pixelhouse How would you run the command? Command block?

You mean so the plugin knows not to use my own name?
A command block might do the trick or just two values {{name}} would be your own name,
{{recievename}} could be a name that’s should be retrieved upon recieving said item.

Just throwing some ideas, i have no clue how hard this is to implement.

It’s basically, where would this be used? I think this is probably only really useful for kits - and that would be much easier.