Nucleus: The Ultimate Essentials Plugin (MC 1.10.2, 1.11.2, 1.12.2)

Ore is working (although still in development).

In one thread easier to follow. Link to this flow is on the plugin page on the ore (information is not lost).

At the moment there the parallel discussion in two threads. The shortcomings of each will determine for himself. @dualspiral limited in time. Etc…

Ehhh… many people come here for help.

If you go to https://www.spongepowered.org/, you can easily access plugin-releases from there. You can’t do this for ore. If you close this thread and move only to sponge, new users who use sponge and are looking for a essentials plugin will likely not see Nucleus.

Accessing the messages is faster on here, and easier to keep track of. Going onto Ore, you need to go to the discuss tab, which serves you the oldest messages first, there’s no message IDs, and missing functions such as liking messages or linking people to a specific message. (Also can’t figure out how to reply to users…)

There are a lot more plugins on here than on ore, when people are looking for updates (or message updates) for mods they use, they’re more likely to come onto here.

I understand that it’s harder to keep multiple threads running and checking on each one. But until ore is completed and most plugins have moved onto there, I think costs outweigh the benefits when it comes to closing this thread.
(Not to mention the discuss page is filled with update information, which is nice and easier to look at and see update history as time goes by, but makes following conversations hard.)
Why not just say on the first comment (with the download link and whatnot), to post all suggestions or concerns onto Issues · NucleusPowered/Nucleus · GitHub

1 Like

thank you very much for working.

You are mistaken. View full size…

Yeah, its there, but its not fully finished and could change at any time, hence why this topic is kept open until dual feels that it is no longer needed. He knows what he is doing.

Even if the ore drops, the flow will be :slight_smile: I voiced cons. Decides to let dualspiral.

I said from https://www.spongepowered.org/ the sponge home page, not https://forums.spongepowered.org/c/plugins
People who are new to sponge and looking for plugins will go straight to the plugins link on the dropdown, which leads them to the plugin releases.

I agree. In the last message on the forum have to link to the ore and to close the stream.

:confused: Not what I said or meant, if anything, think it should link to github, because easier to follow discussion there. Personally I’d like this to be kept open, but simply discourage users from replying by adding a link saying to post on the github for suggestions/requests/bugs and check on here maybe once a week or so to answer people.
That way, no need to keep checking between here and the other forums constantly (because right now, durial would need to check on ore, here, and github. Encourage people to use github, then only check on github constantly, check ore and here once a week). People who are looking for plugins find nucleus more easily. Updates are kept mostly in one place (since this page would still update, where most other plugins are at).

No, no and no. This is for bugs, features, etc

It’s time to stop discussions on this topic.

What’s this meant for then?

I may not understand you correctly. Bad English. Sorry :slight_smile:

If github is for bugs, features, etc., the forums are meant for just that and NOT conversations, constant replies, etc (kinda ignoring that atm :confused: ).
Github would be the best place to continue the discussion. Would prevent these long convos which take up a lot of space and messages get lost, prevent unnecessary comments, etc.

Telling them to go to ore, only to then tell them to go to github seems redundant. Not that I want this thread to get closed.

Why two threads?

One of them is temporary!

Ore discuss = forom ore. Not necessarily to write in “ore discuss”. The convenience of the forum is preserved.

One is temporary and one isn’t fully developed…

Pros of closing plugin releases:
-Close temporary environment
-Less forums to monitor.

Cons of closing and telling people to post on ore:
-Harder for new users to find plugin (I’m talking about people who have NOT used sponge before and are just starting to use it and looking for plugins for their server, could possibly extend to users who already use sponge)… this is because with the thread closed and no replies, this thread gets pushed down until it’s like it never existed.
-Ore isn’t fully developed
-Of the people who know about ore, many know it by https://ore.spongepowered.org/ not the forum link. The ore subdomain has a lot of features missing that the forums have.
-Any replies to the forums should be related about the discussion of nucleus. Most if not all topics related to the discussion of nucleus are acceptable topics for the github page. Double directs are bad.
-People who get their update release information solely from Plugin Releases miss out on information about nucleus.

Note: If plugin releases forum closes, ore still continues. The ore page has already been opened and is updated regularly. Saying that this is a temporary environment doesn’t really help, because either way it’s still used and significantly more active than ore.

Closing does not mean deleting. Lock from changes, if you so clear.

Working on the ore, we contribute to the development.

First try. I’m talking about the section of Ore on the forum. No different from section Releases.

Complete.

But it does mean that because there’s no change updates, that it will be pushed down in the thread. Ie: Go to Plugin Releases - Sponge Forums and find permissionsex. It’s now easier to find other, much less popular permission plugins than pex.
(Guess which one new sponge users who don’t know much about sponge or Ore will use… the first one they see, because they think it’s the most popular.)

Nucleus is already on ore, you’re not contributing to the development by forcing people to go there.

IDK what you mean.

I don’t speak for everyone, but any new thing requires study. Than it is harder to look for pex? The theme of the releases is closed. Last post clearly says where to look for the sequel.

I’m talking about the Ore. Using it we find mistakes. Thereby we give developers the wonderful feedback. Testing. The bug reports.

I’ve already showed a few times with pictures and text.

This is my last message for you. Closed.

If someone is new, they won’t know to look for PEX, they’ll go to the newest things they see. People generally don’t go snooping around everywhere to find some solution, if a shortcut can be taken, they’ll take it, because not taking it usually just wastes time.

Only testing this does is if the discuss page works… users don’t have much interaction with the site or or, unless you’re making the plugin, where there’s more options available for you. Unless the discussion page only breaks every 1000 comments or something, you’re not gonna find mistakes this way.

You showed me that there’s two different places to get updates. Not a single place for them all. A person has plugins that are all (or almost all) on plugin releases (since there’s way more plugins here than on there) will usually check the plugin releases forum. If nucleus moves, they’ll miss those updates unless they go onto the ore page/forum.

Although I do now see that there is a ore thread, was unaware of that, so thanks for that little bit of info. Still slightly [not by much] harder to get to and also like I said before:

#closed