About the sponge overload

If you have a more commercial type server, @Inscrutable’s suggestion is the best. Personally, however, hate world borders and refuse to use them, so I limit Nucleus’ /rtp down to 5k to limit the amount of world gen (Although the start of maps can still be bad), people just reload the same areas over and over. This is also good for people who make custom modpacks, like myself, when you update or add mods which add new stuff to world gen (You can just increase the limit on /rtp to help players find the new stuff). However I have been considering more and more lately of pre-generating a small portion of the map (5-10k), as it would help in the first few weeks. The servers I run however, are small, it’s rare I get more than 12 players on at one time.

Just thought I’d throw in my perspective.

Alice

You can always remove the world border afterwards, or even expand it as long as you still have the same WGen mods. The 6000 block border I used on the RTG (Realistic Terrain Generator) pre-generation for the Sponge Community Server seems to be adequate for our purposes, containing a great many different biomes and room for some long railways. But in the case of no world-border at all, there always seems to be a player that wants to travel past 100,000… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yeah on a lost souls server, each chunk update would bring the TPS down to 4.
Spent a whole night pregenerating a 10k x 10k area and there was never an issue.
Might be good to just pregen each rtp radius

1 Like

Sponge has improved world gen a lot tho, with blood fixes.

Been running a Modern Skyblock 3 server for a week.
Getting the same issue.
Happens on launch and continues to lag for 2 seconds every 2 seconds.

Checked the server in warmroast and the lag is from sponge tracking for entities and tileentities.
Doesn’t seem to be a single entity as they all have relatively the same amount.