Block mob spawning with special constructs

What is the feasibility of a plugin that makes it so mobs can’t spawn in specific areas? It’s always really annoying to have to light up every part of your build in survival so that mobs don’t spawn and potentially destroy it. Back when I used bukkit, there was a plugin that let you construct a pillar with a + shape on the bottom out of valuable blocks (iron, gold, and diamond) to make mob ‘repellers’ that would stop mob spawns in a certain area around them, the radius of which depended on how valuable the block used to construct it was. It was a really great mod, and a big loss for my server when it went away. Is there anything similar already in development, and if not how difficult would it be to get something like that started?

I will work on this.

Edit: Is MobRepeller a good name? English is not my mother tongue.
Edit2: I will name it MobRepeller.

The one I used originally was called MobRepellent, so MobRepeller works just fine if you’re not worried about confusion between the two, which shouldn’t be an issue considering neither bukkit nor the plugin are running anymore.
And thank you very much! Me and my server members will be very grateful. I’m surprised more of this sort of plugin aren’t out there considering how annoying lighting everything up is.

Couldn’t develop it that quickly because my computer had cooling issues(had to buy new water cooling system) and I had exams in school. But I love the idea and will develop it further.

1 Like