BlueMap - A 3d-map of your Minecraft worlds view-able in your browser using three.js (WebGL)

My resource pack is a 64x64 pack.
Is it compatible; and or will it have a large impact on performance?

For the map-rendering the resolution of the resource-pack has no impact on performance at all, except some more ram usage. In the browser there might be a performance impact, but i guess it’s not more than if you have high-resolution textures in minecraft.
If it is compatible i can not tell you, you’ll have to install it, render the map and see if it works.
Don’t forget to remove any existing renders and clear your browser cache if possible :slight_smile:
Since i am working on resourcepacks in this moment, you could also tell me what resource-pack you are using and ill try it myself ^^

1 Like

My resource pack is a custom pack that i am working on.
Here is the (very much incomplete) pack
https://github.com/hellbringer616/Strix-The-Realm/blob/master/Strix_Resource_Pack.zip

Aah, wait! Sorry! I completely forgot to mention that resource-packs currently have to be compatible with the Minecraft 1.14 format for resource-packs!
So this one will unfortunately not load right now… :slightly_frowning_face: sorry

Oh is this a 1.14 plugin??? I had no idea there was even a sponge for 1.14

No, there is no sponge for 1.14 yet, but BlueMap is already designed with 1.13+ in mind and made backwards-compatible for 1.12 worlds. That’s why a lot of things already work “the 1.13+” way. ^^

Good to know! I will be porting to 1.14 once my RPG-API (and Sponge of course) update; until then it’ll be default resources!

1 Like

Hi, I followed the instructions and installed bluemap. I activated the downloaded and completed a render task of the main world but the webpage only shows a black screen with a “loading” sign in the center. what have i done incorrectly and how can i fix it? any ideas?

thanks.

Hmm, I need to add some error handling to the web-app …
Can you open the browser-console and give me any output / errors when loading the webpage?

I got this:
“TileManager URL:8100/js/libs/bluemap.js:471
BlueMap URL:8100/js/libs/bluemap.js:41
loadSettings URL:8100/js/libs/bluemap.js:243
load URL:8100/js/libs/three.min.js:667”

That’s not exactly an error, but the codelines you mentioned lead me to an invalid bluemap/web/data/settings.json file… This file should be autogenerated when bluemap loads.
Can you send me that file and your bluemap.conf (in a private message) please so i can help you further :slight_smile:

How can I know when mod support is added? I’ve been using it for a while and I’m using it very satisfactorily except mode support. This plugin is ahead of all other mods!

1 Like

A new version has been released for BlueMap, it is available for download here.

Targets:

• CLI (Minecraft 1.12.x)
  • SpongeAPI: 7.1.0

Notes:

Reworked the complete resource-loading and a lot of the rendering-core, to reduce the render-time by a lot.
Resource-packs now work much better: The 1.12.x version of BlueMap will now support 1.12.x resource-packs (but no longer 1.13+).
Added initial support for mod-integration. You can now integrate mods using some configs, read about it in the wiki.

Upgrading:

If you are upgrading from an earlier version, you will need to backup your configuration and let it regenerate, or update it manually.

Also, the render-data folder structure has changed! <webroot>/data/<hires-lowres>/<map-id>/... is now <webroot>/data/<map-id>/<hires-lowres>...! Move your files accordingly, or delete the <webroot>/data folder and rerender your maps!

There have also been changes to the web-files! So you will have to delete the <webroot>/index.html file, so bluemap regenerates the web-files for you!

Changelog:

• Added initial mod-integration support
  • Reworked the complete resource-loading
  • Reworked big parts of the render-core
  • Blocks with missing resources are now rendered as a black-pink block instead of air
  • Added /bluemap debug command to the sponge-plugin. The command displays all information that BlueMap has about the block at and below the feet of the executing player (read directly from the world-files).
  • Changed the folder structure of the render-data to allow a better map file management (there is now one folder per rendered map)
  • Fixed a bug that caused whole sub-chunks to disappear in the render, if they are containing blocks with id’s > 255

There you go :smiley:

Keep in mind that it might still be a little bit challenging to configure mod-support.
This might get easier if i get to write a forge-mod implementation of BlueMap.

New releases are always postet in this thread or on Github :slight_smile:

I just created a Discord-Server, where we can discuss everything around this plugin. Feel free to join :slight_smile:

Hey,

I installed that Plugin on my Server but I really don´t know how it works with the Webserver. My Server is running on AMP

I replied to you on discord :slight_smile:

Targets:

• CLI (Minecraft 1.12.x)

Changelog:

• Fixed a concurrency bug that sometimes caused random blocks to be rendered with the missing-block model

Nice some one actually did this, was going to do this when I had some free time. You saved so much time. Thanks,

1 Like

Targets:

• CLI (Minecraft 1.12.x)
  • Bukkit: 1.12.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT

Notes:

BlueMap now supports Bukkit (Spigot), please report any issue you find.
Also the web-app now uses webpack to compile and got many other improvements (thanks to @ewized and @katrix).

Upgrading:

If you are upgrading from an older version you need to delete the bluemap/web/index.html so BlueMap updates your web-app!

Changelog:

• Added a bukkit plugin
  • Npm and webpack are now used for the web-app (@ewized)
  • Added touch-controls and support for mobile devices
  • Many code/structure optimizations
  • The web-app now only loads highres-tiles if they are really needed
  • More performance optimizations on the web-app (@katrix)
  • You can now input coordinates in the web-app to jump somewhere (@ewized)
  • Add configuration for the start-point for maps, the default is now on the world-spawn.
  • Add configuration for compressing files
  • The CLI can now continue a canceled render
  • Added ETag and cahce-control headers to the integrated webserver
  • Fixed a bug with the map-dropdown
  • Fixed a bug where the CLI stops rendering if one map has no changes
  • Fixed a bug where the level.dat was not being found for dimensions
  • Fixed an error when loading some unsupported resources
1 Like