Boilerplate for Plugins with API + Implementation

I’m working on a template for plugins consisting of an implementation and a separate API.

The template is making use of Gradle’s multiproject features. The project structure looks like this:

• boilerplate
    • boilerplate-api
    • boilerplate-sponge

The template can easily be used to create your own plugins. You just have to rename a few folders and set some config values in the build file. Of course, you can also easily add a <...>-bukkit subproject for a Bukkit implementation of the plugin.

We moved the project to a separate GitHub organization for easier collaboration. More templates (e.g. for simple plugins) will be created soon!

Project members:

To help us, please report issues or submit pull requests on GitHub. The most engaged collaborators will be added to this list. :wink:

Project source:

TODO:

• Add more comments in the build files - done by @TBotV63
  • Add a README how to customize and use the template - done by @TBotV63

More Issues and Suggestions can be found here.

5 Likes

Yay!!! I love the fact that you are making use of Gradle btw :smiley:

EDIT: PR’d

1 Like

That sounds very interesting. Hope to see it completed soon…

Hhmmmmmm.
Interesting…

@TBotV63 is now a part of the team!

We moved the boilerplate to a separate GitHub organization: You can now find it here:

Our next goal will be the creation of a setup script that customizes the template for you!

2 Likes

This thread is super quiet.

That’s true. Right now I’m not working on this (exams…).

One problem is that there is no decent Java installation wizard library.

Maybe I should focus on the 2 other templates…

Update: I created a simple template (without multiproject fun): GitHub - spbp/simple-boilerplate: Simple Template for Sponge Plugins

I also refactored the complex api-plugin-template.