Bungeecord and Sponge

I understand there is a VERY similar topic about this but I apologize for this but I found something missing. That topic
https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/how-will-sponge-work-with-bungeecord/ but I saw that’s a little outdated and I didn’t see the mention of SpongeVanilla. I saw that forge itself will be compatible with bungeecord and sponge being a mod for forge, it will handle sponge as it does other mods when sending to bungeecord. Now with SpongeVanilla would you need to create or have already created compatibility with just SpongeVanilla? If there will be compatibility then will the SpongeForge use forge’s compatibility while SpongeVanilla runs its own? Will SpongeForge handle Bungeecord different to allow bridges from Bungee plugin to Sponge plugins like in Bukkit (I hope you know what I mean) even with forge or will this just not be possible. Will you have to develop a plugin using a Sponge to Bungee bridge depending on which implementation of Sponge you are using because of SpongeForge using forge and SpongeVanilla without forge? Will plugins handle them differently or will the funtion be a part of Sponge and SpongeForge not having compatibility with Bungee just using Forge’s and SpongeVanilla having its own? I understand this is probably hard to understand and I am sorry but I don’t know how else to word it. Thanks for the help if you do understand and I would like some info please.

I understand there is a VERY similar topic about this but I apologize for this but I found something missing.
But I saw that’s a little outdated and I didn’t see the mention of SpongeVanilla.

I saw that forge itself will be compatible with bungeecord and sponge being a mod for forge, it will handle sponge as it does other mods when sending to bungeecord.

• Now with SpongeVanilla would you need to create or have already created compatibility with just SpongeVanilla?
  • If there will be compatibility then will the SpongeForge use forge’s compatibility while SpongeVanilla runs its own?
  • will SpongeForge handle Bungeecord different to allow bridges from Bungee plugin to Sponge plugins like in Bukkit (I hope you know what I mean) even with forge or will this just not be possible.
  • will you have to develop a plugin using a Sponge to Bungee bridge depending on which implementation of Sponge you are using because of SpongeForge using forge and SpongeVanilla without forge?
  • will plugins handle them differently or will the funtion be a part of Sponge and SpongeForge not having compatibility with Bungee just using Forge’s and SpongeVanilla having its own?

I understand this is probably hard to understand and I am sorry but I don’t know how else to word it.
Thanks for the help if you do understand and I would like some info please.

Sorry, i couldn’t resist <3 - Blue

1 Like

Bungee will work with no problems IF you don’t have IP forwarding on on both implementations. To answer your specific questions:

Now with SpongeVanilla would you need to create or have already created compatibility with just SpongeVanilla?

EDIT: This has been merged in now (@Minecrell is a ninja!) , so SpongeVanilla supports IP Forwarding without fuss, but I’ll leave this bit for interest (behind the spoiler tags)

SpongeVanilla doesn’t actually support IP Forwarding yet, but all it needs is this to be merged into master:

Add BungeeCord mixin plugin. · SpongePowered/SpongeVanilla@d0b8359 · GitHub

I believe @Minecrell will merge this in at the appropriate time (although, if this was merged in now, IP fowarding would actually work, regardless of the other changes I’ve made - I have tested it!)

SpongeForge + IP Forwarding requires a patched version of BungeeCord to support mods + IP Forwarding, or the use of a third party plugin for Bungee that someone has written: SpongePls [BungeeCord Forge Support]

If there will be compatibility then will the SpongeForge use forge’s compatibility while SpongeVanilla runs its own?

You’re thinking about this the wrong way. Vanilla and Forge will both work in the same way, we had to add compatibility to Bungee for Forge. SpongeForge will have a couple of minor changes, but as far as a user is concerened, there are no differences to worry about.

will SpongeForge handle Bungeecord different to allow bridges from Bungee plugin to Sponge plugins like in Bukkit (I hope you know what I mean) even with forge or will this just not be possible.

You’re talking about using Plugin Message Channels - yes, that will be possible with both Vanilla and Forge because message channels are part of vanilla too.

will you have to develop a plugin using a Sponge to Bungee bridge depending on which implementation of Sponge you are using because of SpongeForge using forge and SpongeVanilla without forge?

No. All implementations of Sponge, as far as developers should be concerned, are the same.

will plugins handle them differently or will the funtion be a part of Sponge and SpongeForge not having compatibility with Bungee just using Forge’s and SpongeVanilla having its own?

Not sure what you mean, but again, I think you’re looking a bit too deeply into this! Plugins won’t handle different implementations differently.

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

I am a confusing person when asking these kinds of questions. Thanks for the help.

1 Like