BungeeCord and SpongeForge - problem with chunks

Hello guys,

I have, as always, problem again. I tried everything, but nothing worked.
I have two SpongeForge servers and Spigot lobby. I’m using BungeeCord (tried a lot of versions) and everytime, when I teleport from lobby to the SpongeForge server, I see for a few seconds the chunks from lobby on the SpongeForge server and it crashed the game, because on the lobby I have a few NPCs and the game crashed on it.

I’m using latest version of SpongeForge 1.10.2 API 5.2.0 and SpongeForge 1.12.2 API 7.0.0. Is there any solution for this?

Do you mean it crashed the client?

Exactly. I can post the crash-report

That would be helpful

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----WARNING: coremods are present: Do not rep - Pastebin.com Here it is. Sometimes the crash is because of MalisisDoors, here is an example: ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----WARNING: coremods are present: Do not rep - Pastebin.com

public static IBlockState getStateById(int id) {
        int i = id & 4095;// 123
        int j = id >> 12 & 15;// 124
        return getBlockById(i).getStateFromMeta(j);// 125
    }

The only possible place I can see a NPE in there, is getBlockById returning null.

This is due to the client receiving a block that doesn’t exist in it’s registry.

Talking to @Phit he suggests maybe not using Spigot for the hub, as the crash might be due to registry information from forge not being sent (which is new in 1.12)

What server are you connecting to when you see the crash?

1.12 client going from Spigot hub, to 1.12 world? or 1.12 cleint going from Spigot hub to 1.10 world? Or 1.12 cleint going from one version world to the other using via version or something?

I suspect it might also be something related to the server swap / dimension change not being emulated properly, as I don’t really understand why you would be seeing chunks from one world in another.

Spigot hub is 1.8.9 (because of some plugins) which is using via version and then player goes on 1.12.2 or 1.10.2 SpongeForge server.

The chunk problem is weird. When I go from hub to the server I can see for a few seconds “the hub” and then the chunks are replaced the new ones and almost every armorstand (nametags too) the player see on the server too. When I reload chunks, everything is okay.

I also registered, that sometimes the server see the player on the SpongeForge server, but the player is kicked immediately on hub. On the SpongeForge server is just message: “Krosta8 lost connection: Timed out” and right after this “handleDisconnection() called twice”

I mean you can’t really expect newer Forge versions to play nice with a 1.8.9 Hub, ViaVersion does an okay job for vanilla clients, but Forge has a bunch more stuff mainly the new registry sync in 1.12. Which never happens when you connect to a “vanilla” hub and then switch to a Forge server, hence your start seeing these issues. If you don’t want to update your Hub. Use forced hosts and make people directly connect to the Forge servers.

Otherwise bug the ViaVersion dev about it, but he will probably tell you the same thing.

The main problem is, that I have two server. First is 1.10.2 and second 1.12.2. The hub should be version 1.10.2, but still spigot, because of some plugins. Is there any other way, how to solve this?

as I said, use forced hosts in BungeeCord

This is not possible for me, because on hub is running auth plugin, which is the main reason for having spigot hub instead of modded hub.

Anyway, thank you for your help :slightly_smiling_face:

I found out a “solution” for this problem.

Better to say, that it is workaround.
You have to set different dimension, where is the player teleported.
For example:
Lobby server Spigot: world = overworld
Destination server SpongeForge: every login world = nether/end

Everything work correctly.
It is possible to do it like the same, but Spigot world nether/end and SpongeForge server world.

Sometimes it should be useful for someone, that’s why I wrote it here :slight_smile:

1 Like