Clear chat window

So I’m trying to add a bit more info to the commands in my plugin, but to keep things clean, I’d like to clear the chat window before displaying new command information. For example player runs command /plugin help test, chat is cleared followed by displaying helpful information about the command test. Is this possible?

I should also note the reason for this is because I also have click events that run the help command, but when clicking, the command information is appended under the current chat, meaning the player will need to scroll down to see it. Minor inconvenience and looks dirty to me. Clearing the chat window would clean things up.

You can send a bunch of empty lines.

Of course, note that pushing chat out of the way may really irritate some people. Might want to make it an optional, config-controlled feature.

I suppose you have a point there. Still experimenting different ideas. I think I might look into the pagination service and see if that can clean up some output

What i find kinda funny is that i wrote an advanced command parser that understands quotes and escaped characters.

I also have a test command that just runs things through the parser and prints them back.

So the way i have been clearing chat is just by using the command:

fg test \n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n

I find it kinda funny.

Just do F3 + D to clear chat. Are you talking about clearing chat in mc or something else

Wait what the hell?

That’s actually a thing?

I had no idea…