Cloudflare

Pretty glad Sponge isn’t under Cloudflare right now. Seems like half of my bookmark bar is offline at the moment. :frowning:

I still don’t understand how people pay all this money to have Cloudflare protection, and then Cloudflare goes down and we lose half the net. Shouldn’t there be back-up systems in place to prevent stuff like that? If I paid all that money, I’d sure want that.

I was under the impression Sponge was using Cloudflare, and that was the reason they hadn’t used their wildcard certificate to enable SSL.

Guess not, since every cloudflare proxied site I know of is down right now.

I don’t know about that. I can’t think of any that are down at the moment. Can link some if you want someone else to test it. It may be that Cloudflare has blacklisted your connection to them for some reason.

Looks like everything just came back online. Spigot, Bukkit, MCF, MCPH, and others were all offline. Confirmed by others.

Ah, good stuff. Guess in contrast to the protection it provides, Cloudflare’s minimal downtime otherwise is worth it.

There are certainly benefits. Just think it’s crazy that one system goes down and it takes a tons of sites with it.