[Discontinued] CommandPortals [v0.3]

CommandPortals

This plugin allows users to create portals that once entered run a specific command.

Downloads

You can head over to the GitHub page to grab the latest build of CommandPortals here.

GitHub Repository

If you’d like to check out the code, you can do so here.

Commands

/togglesetportal [command] - When not currently toggled, it enables the creation of portals.
When already toggled, it will disable the creation of portals. (For you)

Permissions

commandportals.togglesetportal

Support Me

If you’d like to support me, you can do so here.

Usage

To create a portal, first create the frame. From there, you must do /togglesetportal [command]
This will toggle the creation of portals. Using a block, fill in your portal frame. Once done, do /togglesetportal to disable the creation of portals. Then, break the filled in part of your portal. When you walk through your portal, it will run the command specified. Enjoy!

Commands

This plugin supports all commands, but are run by the server to enable server admins to have players run commands they don’t have permission to do. If you’d like to target the player in a command use the tag @p

For example, if you use EssentialCmds and would like your portal to lead to the warp potato, you do /togglesetportal warp potato @p and then fill in your portal frame.

5 Likes

Release v0.1b

Tested on SpongeForge 880

Changes:

• You may now remove a portal by doing /toggelsetportal null

Enjoy! :smile:

Release v0.1c

Tested on SpongeForge 936

Changes:

• This release brings compatibility with SpongeForge 936.

Release v0.2

Tested on SpongeForge 1000

Changes:

• This release updates to Text API Revision III

I think it would be good to combine this plugin with your command signs plugin

Actually this will probably be added and modified to join into EssentialCmdsWorlds, once the EssentialCmds modularization update is completed.

2 Likes

Has this project been dropped? I know you have been working on a lot of other plugins, but my server uses these portals extensively and I can no longer make any new portals since I updated to sponge 1100+

This plugin still works correctly on SpongeForge 1160.

I’m using 1136 and I am unable to place new portal blocks. Whenever I toggle the set command I place a block and it does not show a success message like it used to. I will mess about with it more tomorrow, but I couldn’t get it to work for the past week or so. Thanks for the quick reply.

I’ll double check it, but it has been working for me.

Release v0.3

Tested on SpongeForge 1188

Changes:

• Update to API 4.0

Yes, I’m going to revive this topic, only because it’s super unique, and I’d really like it to be continued on. I’m on API 5, and this throws an error.

It’s not any other plugins causing this error, because removing CP fixes the crash.

Ok I’ll see if I can fix it soon. It just needs to be updated

Papa bless :point_up: :point_up:

Hey @HassanS6000 is the plugin updated to 7.1.0? I’m getting this error on server load.

spongevanilla-1.12.2-7.1.0-BETA-33

[17:54:55 ERROR] [Sponge]: Skipping plugin with invalid plugin ID ‘io.github.hsyyid.commandportals’ from mods\CommandPortals-0.3.jar. Plugin IDs should be lowercase, and only contain characters from a-z, dashes or underscores, start with a lowercase letter, and not exceed 64 characters.

Thanks! :smiley: