Contributing to Sponge

I was wondering when the Sponge team will start accepting developer applications so other developers can help out with the Sponge Project. The Arrow Project had over 60 developers contribute to it, so I feel that Sponge should allow experienced developers contribute in different areas in order to make Sponge as awesome (or awesomer) than Bukkit, whether it is in the API aspect or the actual implementation.

I know Sponge just got started, but if we got more helpers, Sponge will be able to push out a release earlier.

You can already contribute to Sponge. Just commit and make a pull request.

If I had the time to learn a coding language, I’d help. Darn college

@Maulss
I’m saying so that every time you want to contribute you do not have to make a pull request…

Err, what? Why? What is somebody just goes along and writes something ridiculous, or messes up some code? There is a reason why you need to go through a pull request process - The core developers need to have a look at your code and make sure it’s good to go.

@Maulss
True, can’t argue with that. They can show examples of their work and fill out a form to verify they are not crazy. There are so many idiots out in the world today…

Read the - manual

Even if you’re on the core team you should be required to submit Pull Requests. PRs are not just to keep crazy code out, they’re also to keep people from putting code that has nothing to do with what the team wants in master.

I’m thinking of helping out, is there a to-do list somewhere to see what needs doing?

I wrote a document for that answer:

Your answer:

btw. this is more Sponge Talk, or not?

uh, what is all this stuff about pull requests? what the heck is a pull request???

https://help.github.com/articles/using-pull-requests

Pull requests let you tell others about changes you’ve pushed to a GitHub repository. Once a pull request is sent, interested parties can review the set of changes, discuss potential modifications, and even push follow-up commits if necessary.