Cosmos - Multi-world management | Per-world management

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, Cosmos. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Cosmos Logo

Multi-world and Per-world management

Cosmos is a lightweight Sponge plugin designed for multi-world management that also provides per-world features.

It takes full advantage of the capabilities of the Sponge API for an enhanced user experience. By optimizing the power of autocompletion, you will be well guided through command execution.

Something wrong? Feel free to use the help command that will provides you a bunch of examples for your needs.

Useful Links

Download | Commands | Permissions | Discord

Features overview

Management
  • Import existing world folder
  • Create new world with custom settings
  • Load / unload world
  • Enable / disable world
  • List all worlds including exported ones (i.e non-imported world folders)
  • Modify many world properties
  • Delete world including exported ones
  • Rename world
  • Duplicate world
Restoration
  • Backup world
  • Restore a backup
  • Reset a world (unload, restore, load in once)
Transportation
  • Move entities to coordinates
  • Move entities to another one
Per-world
  • Advancements
  • Chats
  • Command blocks
  • Ender chests
  • Experiences
  • Game modes
  • Healths
  • Hungers
  • Inventories
  • Scoreboards
  • Tab lists

For each per-world feature, you can build groups of worlds that act as one.

More information about per world features

Extra features
  • Real time on selected world
  • Players sleep ignorance on selected world
  • Weather forecasting
  • Enhanced vanilla scoreboard commands implementation

Check the Wiki for a complete overview of Cosmos plugin !

Bug report

If you ever found a bug using the Cosmos plugin, feel free to report an issue on the appropriate section.

I found a bug !

A new version has been released for Cosmos, it is available for download here.

Please welcome the first version of Cosmos designed for Minecraft 1.12.2 and Sponge API 7.3.0.
To introduce the plugin, I will explore all the existing modules and also describe all the per-world features available.

For more information about plugin setup, commands and permissions, check out the official Wiki which is full of details.

Backup module

• Save backups for a world
  • List all existing backups
  • Restore a backup for a world
  • Reset a world with a backup (unload, restore, load in once)
  • Tag a backup to identify it easier
  • Delete a backup

Border module

• Show the information about the border on a world
  • Center the border on a world
  • Set the diameter of the border on a world
  • Set the damage amount of the border on a world (damage per blocks per seconds)
  • Set the damage thresh of the border on a world (distance outside the border before taking damage)
  • Set the warning distance of the border on a world (causes the screen to be tinted red when the player is within the specified number of blocks from the world border)
  • Set the warning time of the border on a world (causes the screen to be tinted red when a contracting world border reaches the player within the specified time)
  • Remove the border on a world
  • Operate the border on a world (plus, minus, times and divide operators)
  • Transpose the border on a world (from start diameter to end diameter during specified amount of time)

Properties module

• Allow command blocks on a world
  • Set the difficulty on a world
  • Set the game mode on a world (see per-world features)
  • Set wether spawn generates on load on a world
  • Set the generator type on a world
  • Set hardcore mode on a world
  • Set wether spawn keeps being loaded even without players on a world
  • Set wether a world is automatically loaded on server start
  • Toggle player versus player on a world
  • Change world game rules on a world
  • Set spawn position on a world

Root module

• Show the help for all Cosmos commands /cm help
  • Import an existing world folder
  • Create a new world with custom settings
  • Load / unload a world
  • Enable / disable a world (more information about world states)
  • Show information about a world
  • List all existing worlds (including loaded, unloaded, disabled and exported worlds)
  • Copy a world
  • Rename a world
  • Delete a world
  • Set the view distance on a world (may drastically slow server with huge view distance)
  • Move one or many entities to specified coordinates
  • Move one or many entities to another entity
  • Send coordinate(s) of one or many entities to yourself or another player
  • Toggle per-world functionnalities (see per-world features)

Scoreboard module

Mostly a mirror of the vanilla scoreboard commands in Minecraft 1.12.2.
This module is only available if per-world scoreboards are enabled.
Additionnal features like colors and json parsing can be used.

Vanilla scoreboard commands will be mapped to Cosmos ones if per-world scoreboards are enabled.

See more details in the scoreboard module section in the Wiki .

Time module

• Show the time and the day number on a world
  • Set the time to the nearest dawn, dusk, midday or midnight. (may preserve the day number, -1, +0 or +1 at most)
  • Set the time on a world with a specified about of ticks. (will not preserve the day number)
  • Set the time to the next day at dusk.
  • Toggle realtime on a world (day light cycle will be synchronized with local server time)
  • Ignore player sleeping on a world (time will not skip to the next day when players sleep in bed)

Weather module

• Forecast the current weather on a world
  • Set sunny weather on a world
  • Set rainy weather on a world
  • Set stormy weather on a world

Per-world features

• Advancements
  • Chats
  • Command blocks
  • Experiences
  • Game modes
  • Healths
  • Hungers
  • Inventories
  • Scoreboards
  • Tab lists

More information about per-world features

Please welcome this minor update of Cosmos designed for Minecraft 1.12.2 and Sponge API 7.3.0.

For more information about plugin setup, commands and permissions, check out the official Wiki which is full of details.

Features

• Enable structures command [Help]

Bug Fixes

• Some typos

Bug Report

If you ever found a bug using the Cosmos plugin, feel free to report an issue on the appropriate section. [Issues]

Support Cosmos

If you enjoy using Cosmos on your Minecraft server, do not hesitate to give a star on the Ore page and the Github repository, this will help the plugin to be better referenced.

Please welcome this minor update of Cosmos designed for Minecraft 1.12.2 and Sponge API 7.3.0.

Features

• Enable structures command [Help]

Bug Fixes

• Some typos

Bug Report

If you ever found a bug using the Cosmos plugin, feel free to report an issue on the appropriate section. [Issues]

Support Cosmos

If you enjoy using Cosmos on your Minecraft server, do not hesitate to give a star on the Ore page and the Github repository, this will help the plugin to be better referenced.

Does this plugin include portals?

@Zachary_Watson

Hey, thanks for using Cosmos. :slight_smile:

The portal feature is in development for the 1.16 Sponge version which is not yet available.
For 1.12 this will take a long time for me to port the feature, so if you need portals right now I advice you to use :

This project has been stopped by the author but the current version is still working fine for 1.12, and compatible with Cosmos.

(you will have to also download Project Core if you decide to use Project Portals)

Please welcome this major update of Cosmos designed for Minecraft 1.12.2 and Sponge API 7.3.0.

/!\ Migration note /!\

Cosmos configuration file has been modified during this update.
There is no breaking change but it appears that the file cannot be automatically updated without loosing contents like documentation.

Please follow these next steps to correctly update your configuration file:

• Make a copy of your current Cosmos configuration file.
  • Delete the Cosmos configuration directory /config/cosmos with cosmos.conf file inside.
  • Start your server to generate the new configuration directory and file.
  • Shut down your server.
  • Restore your configuration values from your previous copy (make sure you are not updating while the server is running !).
  • Restart your server one last time and check if your configuration file looks like this one in the Cosmos Wiki.

Features

• Per-world features can have groups of worlds that act for one.
  • Per-world ender chests are supported.
  • Players can bypass enabled per-world features (recommended for admins).
  • (+) Per World - Bypass command [Help]
  • (+) Per World - Group command [Help]
  • (+) Per World - Information command [Help]
  • (+) Per World - Toggle command [Help]
  • (+) Properties - Seed command [Help]
  • (-) Root - Per World command (replaced by the toggle command) [Help]

Bug Fixes

• Per-world features failing to manage player deaths
  • Some typos

Bug Report

If you ever found a bug using the Cosmos plugin, feel free to report an issue on the appropriate section.
[Issues]

Support Cosmos

Please welcome this major update of Cosmos designed for Minecraft 1.12.2 and Sponge API 7.3.0.

/!\ Migration note /!\

Cosmos configuration file has been modified during this update.
There is no breaking change but it appears that the file cannot be automatically updated without loosing contents like documentation.

Please follow these next steps to correctly update your configuration file:

• Make a copy of your current Cosmos configuration file.
  • Delete the Cosmos configuration directory /config/cosmos with cosmos.conf file inside.
  • Start your server to generate the new configuration directory and file.
  • Shut down your server.
  • Restore your configuration values from your previous copy (make sure you are not updating while the server is running !).
  • Restart your server one last time and check if your configuration file looks like this one in the Cosmos Wiki.

Bug Fixes

• Per-world feature did not use existing data from playerdata and advancements folders after activation.

Now, when you toggle a feature on, Cosmos will look for existing data and copy them to the plugin’s data folders.
Data will be affected to the main world of your server, or to all worlds of the group your main world belongs to.
This copy will only be effective if the player has no Cosmos data for the given feature and world.

You can still decide to prevent this data recovery by setting the <feature>-persist-on-activation node to false in the configuration file.

Bug Report

[Issues]

Support Cosmos

Hello, i have a problem.
When i try to import a world, it crash:
java.lang.Error: ServerHangWatchdog detected that a single server tick took 60,00 seconds (should be max 0.05)
My server has 16 GB RAM, i think thats enough…
What can i do?

Hello, i have a problem.
When i try to import a world, it crash:
java.lang.Error: ServerHangWatchdog detected that a single server tick took 60,00 seconds (should be max 0.05)
My server has 16 GB RAM, i think thats enough…
What can i do?

Sorry I didn’t see your message here.
Hopefully you wrote an issue on github :slight_smile:

You have a .bat file and from the server console write the commands, not from the client or will be crashe will

I’m sorry I did not understand what you are talking about.
A .bat file ?

Do you have any error from Cosmos plugin ?

Sorry for my typing, English is not my first language.

In response to Pedrulo213, what he posted about they error on his server is the solution to his problem.

1 Like