Crash on Launch - Mixins

I had this crash when I launched my new modded test server.

Sponge version x472
Forge version x2.1431

Mods:
DyanmicSwordSkills
Aroma1997core
BattleTowers
BetterChests
CodeChickenCore
CyanosLootableBodies
CyanosWonderfulWands
HopperDucts
iChunUtil
Inv.Tweaks
IronChest
MoreEnchantments
NEI
PortableCraftBench
Shatter
UpdateCheckerMod
VeinMiner
Waila
WorldEdit

Sponge Mods:
BLWarps
ConnectToSocial
Craftbook
CraftIRC
Enquiry
ExtraChat
LinkClicker
ProblemReporter
ServerListPlus
Spongy
TotalEconomy
uCommandSigns

Im thinking Im using a forge that is too new? But I have to use a newer forge for Veinminer

CCC does transforming of its own. AFAIK it’s not compatible with Sponge. Try reproducing it with just that.

Some coremods are not compatible with Sponge and I believe it has to do with the Mixins that Sponge uses. I believe there are issues that have been opened up about it, not sure if any fixes are in the works though.

https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/server-unable-to-launch-when-sponge-is-installed-with-codechickencore

Oh wait. It’s something to do with having two versions of google common stuff. Two incompatible versions.

Im sure it will get fixed. I mean, at the very least NEI should be compatible! And not to sound like a jerk…but…the slogan is “Bringing together client and server Minecraft modding communities”

Yep. I’m sure it will sooner or later. But that’s always the issue with mods using transformers. Things break. Also, the forge version you’re using seems perfectly fine with the latest sponge.

NEI is notorious for producing glitches when used with some Coremods. Sponge can also be rather touchy with other Coremods. Put them together, and chaos runs rampant.
The issue comes down to the sheer scale of the class changes made in the respective mods, and the need for both to stay current with platforms like Forge, as well as other demands (ie other mod APIs, MC changes, etc).
I wonder if it would be better to have CCC (& NEI) use Sponge classes where possible? (Wishful thinking, I doubt chickenbones is up for a complete rewrite).

1 Like

Just wondering why do you need NEI on your server? The client mod works without the server having it. Also will prevent that players will get stuck in Creative+. What I honestly dislike… .

Because it adds functionality. And because it’s a testing server. So one might aswell test NEI on the server, right?

@Inscrutable Indeed NEI can be a monster breaking everything in sight.

@thomas15v there are hundreds of features you get when installed serverside

@TBotV63 Im going to run 2 parallel servers, one forge-no-mods and one modded to the teeth

Thanks for the reply guys, Ill try to check issues on github before posting next time. Really it didnt come to mind @ 4 a.m.

I like Creative+, NEI is waayyy more organized than normal creative menus.

I believe this is an issue with forge server-side, I have submitted a PR fixing what I think to be the issue