DataSync - An advanced plugin for backing up player data such as inventories

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, DataSync. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

DataSync

(Newer version of MSDataSync)

Plug and play, no external database setup required!

Make sure to join our discord server if you have any questions or if you’d like to know more about our other plugins!

Updating from v0.7 → v0.8? Please read

The configuration setting previously known as serialize.waitForSnapshotOnJoin is no longer recognized by DataSync and may be deleted. The replacement is serialize.deserializeOnJoinDelayMillis where any positive value represents true in the old setting.

Quick Links

Commands

Permissions

Installation

Although DataSync supports MongoDB, it uses Xodus by default. Xodus is an in-memory database that stores data in your main server directory. To install DataSync, simply download the latest version and place it in your plugins folder. Please note that you also need to install Anvil v0.3 as well.

Usage

To list snapshots for a user, run /sync snap list <user>

Each snapshot represents the player’s data at that point in time. Currently this includes: experience, game mode, health, hunger and inventory

To view more information about a snapshot, click the yellow time or run /sync snap info <user> [<snapshot>]. The snapshot argument can be either the time or id of the snapshot. If you leave this argument blank, it will get the latest snapshot.

To manually create a snapshot, run /sync snap create <username>

A new version has been released for DataSync, it is available for download here.

A plugin to synchronize player inventories with a database.

I’m rarely compelled to log into the likes of Sponge to leave praise- but this plugin is an absolute must have for server administrators running sponge.
Works flawlessly, and especially for modded servers- makes dealing with players who open tickets with ‘My [insert machine/mod] killed me, but my grave didn’t spawn- here, look at my death note!’ so much quicker and less of a hassle.

Thank you.

A new version has been released for DataSync, it is available for download here.

For server owners: data and config is still compatible from older versions, you must only change jars.

This release has breaking changes and requires Anvil v0.3

The configuration setting previously known as serialize.waitForSnapshotOnJoin is no longer recognized by DataSync and may be deleted. The replacement is serialize.deserializeOnJoinDelayMillis where any positive value represents true in the old setting.

Changes

• Updated license to LGPL-3.0 (was GPL-3.0)
  • Fixed same name showing up multiple times for /sync up
  • SERIALIZE_WAIT_FOR_SNAPSHOT_ON_JOIN is now DESERIALIZE_ON_JOIN_DELAY_MILLIS (new one will be added to config automatically, old one can be removed manually)
  • Lots of improvements for multi-server environments
    • Players can now be frozen on join to prevent accidental item loss (configurable with DESERIALIZE_ON_JOIN_DELAY_MILLIS)
    • DataSync will also try to deal with people leaving before the freeze-time is up
  • Restoring a snapshot created on death no longer kills when restored

The most useful plugin for backing up player data, and also a have must if you want a good production server! Team behind it is really quick, helpful, and listening to the user recommandations.

Hope it will get more recognition soon!

Ciomatx,

We are glad that you have been enjoying the plugin! If there is ever an issue, never hesitate to reach out to us over on our discord!