[Discontinued]LootChest v0.9-Beta [API 5.0][API 6.0]

say what now

that’d be a serious issue if it were true, you should thoroughly test it and open an issue.

i always use pre-initialization for my configs and stuff, and have never had a problem.

using that 0.9.1.1

here is my fml-server-latest.log

still getting some “Could not pass”

Will you add announcements soon? Like a custom announce message each time someone opens a lootchest and have variable tags to show what they got?

How about a way for them to get the items right away (since some people forget to take the items out, or accidentally exit the chest resulting in getting nothing)

@SnowBlitzz
Getting items directly isn’t the style of this plugin which is why I won’t add it.
I don’t see any reason for annoucements aswell but you could convince me if you tell me your reasons for them

@Akkyen
Well, any form of logging would be nice since we would once in a while get players who try to lie their way to getting free items, eg. saying there was a master ball in the lootchest but was actually just a poke ball. Announcements are just a way to log it since I can easily look up when he received it. Another reason is because I had a similar plugin before that announces each time someone gets something from a crate, and it encourages other players to vote, or defeat certain challenges to get the keys for the crate as well.

Maybe I won’t be able to convince you for the “getting items directly” part but based on experience, I can already imagine players complaining that they forgot to take the items out of the chest, or accidentally exiting the chest and asking for a replacement. It’s fine the way it is though, as long as I put up signs telling them to take the items out.

is there anything else i can do to get rid of these errors that keeps spamming the console?

@FiveEYZ
Today I’m too busy but if I find some time tomorrow I will try to install an 10.2 Modpack with some nice chests and test it myself.

Im using Direwolf20 1.10 pack version 1.1.3

having to pull the items out of the chest is a bit weird imo, let alone having the ability to see into the chest at all if it doesnt do anything like cratereloaded… if you’re going to go as basic as possible i’d like to just request the ability to use a key on chest and it give me an item from a random pool of commands or something tbh. will continue to watch this plugin for a useful update that i can use. appreciate the efforts though.

I like it that ppl are giving me feedback on this plugin but I’m not interested to compete for users because it doesn’t give me any advantages at all.
If you now ask yourself why are you even making this plugin than I simply say “Because I can!”

You guys also don’t need to tell me stuff like “I don’t want to use your plugin because of blablabla”

If I would be a person who needs an extra amount of e-fame or stuff like that I would have one of these plugin-usage-widgets embedded in my first post to tell every person the amount of servers that are using my plugin.

Now to a more important subject

@FiveEYZ
I don’t have any problems at all and I’m using Direwolf20 10.2 package(I removed Applied Energetics because it doesn’t want to work with SpongeMod)
Maybe try to update your SpongeMod I’m using 1.10.2-2171-5.1.0-BETA-1989 The current latest version when I wrote this replay.

i dont know what to do then, im also using 1.10.2-2171-5.1.0-BETA-1989
is it because im using latest recommended forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2185-universal?

or is it a problem that im using plugins-dir="${CANONICAL_GAME_DIR}/plugins" inside sponge config?

@FiveEYZ

I didn’t test any chest there is in the modpack.
But I used a chest from the mod that threw an error actuallyadditions

I also downloaded the latest stable 10.2 Forge release

@FiveEYZ
Just now I found the error gonna start to work on a fix now!

Error was on my part forgot to interact with the inventory sorry for that ;D

@FiveEYZ

Bug fixxed gonna upload the fixxed version now!

Thanks! now everything works perfectly! :smiley:

@FiveEYZ

Great to hear that :smiley:

Gonna work on some university stuff for a week now after that I want to work on improving the current plugin.

Stuff like:

• Implementing the --help flag for every CMD
  • Looking a bit more into CMDs to hopefully improve them
  • etc.

Well have a nice evening or whatever time of day is right now whereever you are ;D

Is there no way to give keys?

the plugin doesnt work for my server

@toxxic
DO you mean by “give keys” to give the keys to a player by a command?

what i did was to add keys to a kit using nucleus, then i just need to grant that kit to the player

@Akkyen
u could add it as a optional variable to /LCH getkey <amount> <chestName> <playerName>

@toxxic @FiveEYZ

Gonna add player var this weekend