[Discontinued/Not available anymore] SimplePermissions [API 4.1+ & 5]

oh for example if a admin or something types in chat his name will be like [Admin] username> test and be like red or something like GroupManager was back in the day where it had prefix field, you could probably achieve this by hooking into the chat and then checking if the group or user subject has a prefix field and if so implement it.

No, it doesn’t. I do not understand why a permission plugin should handle the chat prefixes/suffixes. That’s something a chat plugin should do.

It okay, sorry, it’s just easier to maintain prefixs or suffixs in a permissions plugin that way you can just assign a prefix via group without needing a chat plugin :slight_smile:

You can still have a chat plugin that will give a prefix to a player if that player has a certain permission! I feel like this is the best way to do it, and I will make a plugin that does that at some point.

1 Like

So this doesnt have the feature of if you make a group names Trainer you cant do
/pgroup Trainer option prefix “&7[Trainer]” so when players talk they get the [Trainer]Karagra: Hello
This is a huge feature PermissionEx has.

No. This plugin will only focus on permissions. Chat prefixes and suffixes are not related to a permission plugin.
This is not PermissionsEx, and this plugin will not have a chat plugin feature because it’s not related to this.

If you want to use this plugin and have chat prefixes/suffixes, you can use [WIP] Chaton 3.0.0 - Customize your server chat (I haven’t tested it, I just did a fast search on the forum). You can assign a prefix/suffix to a player by setting to the player/group a specific permission.

Hi where do I download this?

Hello. There is a “latest release” link on the original post.

How to set a default group? There is a command ? :slight_smile:

its not that hard to look above… commands are explained well…

If you do /pgroups, you’ll see there is a “default” group. Just use /pgroup default add [permission]

I saw this group but I wanted to know if it possible to change the name of this group :slight_smile:
I think not :slight_smile:

Thank you a lot and have a nice day ^^

I am not sure why you would change the name. You cannot change the name, but you can use another group as a parent group for the default group.

/pgroup default parent YourCustomGroup

The default group will inherit all permissions and parent groups from YourCustomGroup.

What is the use of commandblock.conf?

You should ask that to the author of the mod/plugin that uses it!

A mod/plugin is adding permissions to that Subject Collection. It’s probably related to Command Blocks.

How can I make my command block owning all of permissions?

You can manually edit the “commandblock.conf” file and grant the “*” permission:

granted=[
    "*"
]

Should it be like this?

I don’t think so. What is your previous commandblock.conf file content? Please copy-paste it (use the “Preformatted text” button when posting it! or use pastebin.com).

identifier=commandblock