**Discontinued** Pore - A Bukkit-Sponge Bridge

Pore being broken is true in its current state, but after fishing around awhile I found this:
http://ci.caseif.net/job/Pore/159/
It is an older build of Pore that IS able to load plugins, only problem? You can’t execute ANY commands without the plugin/mod name in front of it, so /tpa would be /essentials:tpa

WAIT, you don’t need say essentials: or whatever infront; It works, but it will also say Unknown Command. I assume that this is because it first trys to execute as a Minecraft/Sponge command, and then a Pore/Bukkit command.

The latest builds should be able to load plugins fine. The issue is that they won’t have much functionality, given a large portion of the Bukkit API is still unimplemented in Pore. I think the command issues were fixed in a recent commit.

1 Like

Caseif, I have a possible idea for how Pore could implement the rest of Bukkit/Spigot. The Spigot team used what is called ‘BuildTools’ to create legal Spigot jars, and in the process Bukkit, CraftBukkit, and Spigot folders are made. The CraftBukkit folder contains the ENTIRE CraftBukkit API. What i’m proposing is having users download Pore and BuildTools, run BuildTools, and drag the contents of the CraftBukkit folder into say, a ‘pore_CB’ folder in the root of the server. Launching Pore would then directly inject the CraftBukkit API from BuildTools into Sponge, and then the ‘bukkit-plugins’ folder would generate where the Bukkit Plugins go and get launched. I have messed with this a bit and this could work, but with my beginner-knoledge of Java I couldn’t really do much. Could this work?

1 Like

That’s not quite how Pore works. Pore works by implementing calls to the Bukkit API and translating them to SpongeAPI calls. Craftbukkit works by implementing Bukkit directly on top of Minecraft. Thank you for the suggestion, though. (:

Its not used to create ‘legal’ jars. Its already been deemed as violating the DMCA (hence spigot running for romania) due to downloading the entire DMCA’d code off another spot in spigot host.

Curious what you mean (know little on the subject)?

Spigot, after receiving a DMCA takedown request for their host, moved it to a Romania safe haven, rather than actually complying to the DMCA takedown. Their bulid is still illegal to redistribute.

It looks like my events won’t be triggered correctly, but I don’t get any errors. Are the events not available yet, or are they using a different format? (:
The plugin worked on Spigot/Bukkit correctly, btw.

Spigot’s legality is off-topic to Pore and should be discussed in another thread.

@Minecrell has been handling the event implementation so I’m not entirely sure of its state, but please do keep in mind that Pore is very much unstable and there are likely many features which don’t work properly yet. That being said, we’ll try to have them as many of them sorted out as possible in the coming months.

Ok, thank you! (:
I’m only playing on the server with a couple of friends, so Pore being unstable isn’t that much of a problem; and it’s 100x better than having to read into the sponge API and to re-code some thousand lines of code. xD

where do i put plugins

Provided you have Sponge up and running, plugins are placed in the mods subdirectory of the server root.

is there a list of the plugins that are compatible

My mistake, I thought you were referring to where Pore’s JAR should go. To actually answer your previous question, Pore will create a directory called bukkit-plugins (also in the root). To answer your other question, please refer to the README in the repository.

Wouldn’t this belong in the WIP Plugins category?

I created this thread a week after Sponge’s inception, before that subforum existed IIRC.

I saw.

Moved to WIP Plugins.

Do we have docs or demos or showcases up right now? <3

There’s a bit of documentation up on http://docs.lapis.blue/, albeit a bit limited since there’s not too much to document. Regarding showcases, nothing is officially supported yet since we’re still pretty deep in pre-alpha. However, I’ll consider putting something together in the future.