Discourse: Group PMs and delete PMs

Can we make private group messages? I know the feature exist in Discourse but it doesn’t seems activated for me. Also, is there a way do delete private messages or at least hide them. There’s a few finished discussions in my inbox and they just stay there, opened. I know they are basically private topics be could we at least unwatch them so they don’t show up anymore in your inbox.

I’m guessing, but whether certain features are enabled for people may be the difference between having signed up here for an account or using GMail to sign in. I have access to PM and upload images, whereas several new users do not. That may not be the difference, but it’s my best guess, and afaik, the only differentiating factor between new users.

I never received the email in my GMail account to validate my email, so I was never able to create an account, but signing in with my GMail account works fine, so I’ve been using that instead.

I’d like to see other people’s thoughts on this and say if they’ve signed it through GMail, or with a Sponge account vs if they have access to PM and uploading images (if you’re comfortable sharing those details, that is).

Its the Sponge Forums. You need to be an active forum member for a certain amount of time before they automatically give you the essential forum permissions.

1 Like

You need Member; see : http://forums.spongepowered.org/badges

[quote=> codinghorror]Members (2)

Members keep coming back to the site, and have participated long enough to earn complete citizenship.

They can get to trust level 2 by…

visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
casting at least 1 like
receiving at least 1 like
replying to at least 3 different topics
entering at least 20 topics
reading at least 100 posts
spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts
Admins can change these thresholds in…

regular_requires_topics_entered
regular_requires_read_posts
regular_requires_time_spent_mins
regular_requires_days_visited
regular_requires_likes_received
regular_requires_likes_given
regular_requires_topic_reply_count
Users at trust level 2 can…

Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM
[/quote]

1 Like

I can send PMs and add more people to them:

I checked and I cannot delete messages though. That might be rank 3 or 4, it may not be possible at any level though. Surprisingly @tebbenjo it lets me add others to group chats as only rank 2. It may be modified here.

“Invite people to PMs” is about a button at the bottom of an existing PM to add more people.

Only users with trust level 2 (Member) or higher have this permission …
We (trust level 1: basic) can only start “group-pm’s” …

http://forums.spongepowered.org/badges/2/member