[Economy] Total Economy v1.7.1

Update to Java 8 and try it again. And with the sponge version you are correct with it being 1499 DEV 544. Forgot to change that part.

Maybe you should consider building against Java 7 as it’s better for compatibility.

1 Like

I agree. I will see what I can do.

Java 7 is End of Life. With the push (finally) from Mojang to distribute their own updated JRE it’s time to start supporting the future exclusively, for all the fancy benefits Java 8 has.

2 Likes

wait, what?
I thought Java 6 just died… :open_mouth:

mbax: i’m not sure which version Sponge currently uses. Is Sponge still on Java 6?

@Tzk
Sponge is still on Java 6 as well as Minecraft: Sponge Pop Quiz #2

1 Like

Yep, I tried Java 8 (Oracle) on Linux. It works but its also very slow. I agree that you should make it work with Java 7.

PS You could of course add retrolamda … which should make it neater

Its working wonderfully on openjdk7

Next Update hopefully soon for the new Api?

Just noticed that there is a new version of the Sponge API. Updating now. Thanks for the heads up @DaGaems.

No Problem ty for updating.

Version 1.0.7 has just been released. Major changes include updating Total Economy to work with the latest changes made to the Sponge API as well as changes and additions to the Total Economy API (TEService). Changes to the Total Economy API include the switch from Player objects to UUID’s as well as the ability to create accounts and set player balances through the API. Documentation can be found in the GitHub Readme. If you encounter any issues, have any suggestions or complaints, please post them in the Issues section on GitHub. Thanks for using Total Economy and I hope you enjoy.

For those of you that use the Total Economy API, it was brought to my attention earlier today that there was an issue in the saving and receiving of config values. This has been fixed and can be downloaded here: Release Total Economy v1.0.8 · Erigitic/TotalEconomy · GitHub.

Guessing I wouldnt be able to get a early release of this for Sponge .562

Not quite sure what you are asking for?

A Updated version of this for Sponge .562

On a side note here is a suggestion that would be cool. A Salary option in the config where you can set it up so the default Salary people get forsay every 10 minutes is $50 but you can create your own custom salarys. Like I could give say Admins $500 every 10minutes so on so forth?

That is a decent idea. Please add it to the Issues section on GitHub and mark it as a suggestion. Regarding the updated version, the current version of Total Economy is tested with Sponge 1.8-1499-2.1DEV-566 which is past the 562 you are talking about so I am still confused what you mean. If you are wanting me to downgrade then that will not happen.

No I just was trying it with .562 and it seemed to not work…

What version would you suggest that works with these versions?

The version that is specified in the Release area(The place you download it from). The version specified is 1.8-1499-2.1DEV-566.