[Economy] Total Economy v1.7.1

Will there be more job types soon also?

Is there anyway to tell if the block was placed by a player during the PlayerInteractBlockEvent or PlayerBreakBlockEvent? If so, what would I use in order to check who placed it. Hope you don’t mind the questions.

Once more events are added to Sponge I will be adding more jobs.

Since you have a PlayerInteractBlockEvent, yes… you get the Player by event.getSource() or event.getPlayer() whichever method is actually used. That player is the one placing/interacting with the block, but the block itself doesn’t store that sort of information.

Yeah I know how to grab the player through the event. Was wondering if it was possible to see if that information was stored in the block itself so I could grab it when the block was destroyed which as you stated it is not. Thanks for the reply.

I have been very busy lately but now that I am done with all of that I will begin working on the next update. Not sure what it will be but I will make sure to keep you all updated. Thanks for being patient.

1 Like

Please add some sort of way to set a player’s balance, so Admins and such can give player’s money and so people can test stuff

Great idea. This will be added in the next update.

1 Like

You know how some servers have a shop right? They can get double money if they used the job then used the blocks for the store. I was wondering if there could be a toggle in the config were they can mine the block but it doesn’t get into their inventory but they only get the money.

I was wondering if you can catch onto this one before v1.0.5 comes out.

Anyway keep up the work man! :smiley:

The only problem I see with this is that the only way to get the blocks then would be to change jobs which might be an issue for some. I guess this would not be to much of a problem though since the tradeoff would be exp and money instead of the block. I like this idea and it is actually quite a good technique to prevent people from constantly placing and destroying a block and farming exp and money. I will definitely add this as a togglable option in the config. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Version 1.0.6 has been complete and will be released in a few days after some testing to make sure everything is still in working condition.

Hi, can you adapt the plugin to be compatible with dev build 525 and later?

Currently I have it running with DEV-544.

Version 1.0.6 of Total Economy has just been released. This version adds a new command that allows you to set the balance of a player (/setbalance [player] [amount]) and a configuration option that prevents players from farming experience and money from a job by just placing and destroying a block over and over again. If you encounter any issues or have any suggestions, please post them in the Issues section on GitHub.

1 Like

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=rRVVRtkC">

It keeps crashing, see log above. And, by the way, there is no sponge version …1487 dev 544 , only 1499 dev 544. Tried that as well, but it also crashed…?

Update to Java 8 and try it again. And with the sponge version you are correct with it being 1499 DEV 544. Forgot to change that part.

Maybe you should consider building against Java 7 as it’s better for compatibility.

1 Like

I agree. I will see what I can do.

Java 7 is End of Life. With the push (finally) from Mojang to distribute their own updated JRE it’s time to start supporting the future exclusively, for all the fancy benefits Java 8 has.

2 Likes

wait, what?
I thought Java 6 just died… :open_mouth:

mbax: i’m not sure which version Sponge currently uses. Is Sponge still on Java 6?