Enjin CMS + DonationCraft Plugin [v3.4.3] API [5.x, 6.x, 7.x]

It’s weird and a lot of people are having issues. No idea how EMPSponge became nuvotifier and nothing about it was mentioned in the changelog. I’m using 3.0.15 at the moment and it works fine.

What version of NuVotifier are you using? This issue only started for me when I updated my EMPSponge- and I have tried all of the other EMPSponge versions, same error.

They shade NuVotifier into the jar, so Sponge sees the plugin twice because it is there twice.

I have to point out, because they do this, and as NuVotifier is licenced under the GPLv3, Enjin are breaking the terms of the licence of NuVotifier by including it and not making their plugin open source (this is a larger work including a licensed work)…

1 Like

Shading nuvotifier wasn’t intentional. Our build system currently doesn’t shade it in, so there is a good chance that the team member who handles the version uploads uploaded the wrong jar as we did have some issues where locally stored jars were shading when they shouldn’t have. Regardless, I’ll raise the issue to the team and have them replace the jar with the correct one.

As a temporary solution, what people can do is delete the vexsoftware folder from the jar and that should resolve the issue.

2 Likes

Recently after updating to Sponge 2113 from 2053 I’ve noticed Enjin goes down frequently for a few seconds at a time (shows server as down), when I refresh the page it is back to normal. It seems it does this a few times per hour.
It causes a issue with votes, players don’t get rewards or counts towards their monthly total if they vote when it is down for that brief moment

Was this not happening when you were using 2053 then?

I’ve been getting this error whenever someone joins. Doesn’t seem to cause any issues other than spamming console

[details=Summary]> [22:52:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: [Server thread] Server side modded connection established

[22:52:51] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge/]: Could not pass ClientConnectionEvent$Join$Impl to Plugin{id=enjin-minecraft-plugin, name=Enjin Minecraft Plugin, version=3.0.16-sponge, description=Enjin Minecraft Plugin for Sponge!, source=/home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/server3/mods/EMPSponge.jar}
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.enjin.sponge.EnjinMinecraftPlugin.saveRankUpdatesConfiguration(EnjinMinecraftPlugin.java:271) ~[EnjinMinecraftPlugin.class:?]
at com.enjin.sponge.listeners.ConnectionListener.updatePlayerRanks(ConnectionListener.java:68) ~[ConnectionListener.class:?]
at com.enjin.sponge.listeners.ConnectionListener.onJoin(ConnectionListener.java:50) ~[ConnectionListener.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.listener.JoinListener_ConnectionListener_onJoin74.handle(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.RegisteredListener.handle(RegisteredListener.java:95) ~[RegisteredListener.class:1.10.2-2221-5.1.0-BETA-2136]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:301) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2221-5.1.0-BETA-2136]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:285) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2221-5.1.0-BETA-2136]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:326) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2221-5.1.0-BETA-2136]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:314) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2221-5.1.0-BETA-2136]
at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImpl.postEvent(SpongeImpl.java:141) [SpongeImpl.class:1.10.2-2221-5.1.0-BETA-2136]
at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerList.initializeConnectionToPlayer(PlayerList.java:1627) [mp.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.completeServerSideConnection(NetworkDispatcher.java:260) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher.access$100(NetworkDispatcher.java:73) [NetworkDispatcher.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.network.handshake.NetworkDispatcher$1.func_73660_a(NetworkDispatcher.java:209) [NetworkDispatcher$1.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:287) [eo.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkSystem.func_151269_c(NetworkSystem.java:180) [md.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:732) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:387) [ld.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:613) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:471) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_101][/details]

How is this going?

Right now on the latest its just doing this with “@p”.
‘[20:46:58] Player is not linked to any valid user.’

I’m using the Sponge Beta Plugin v3.0.16, and on the “Vote4Diamonds” module it’s telling me

Plugin Offline v3.0.16-sponge (Votifier not found!) with a button to version 2.7.7

The only 2.7.7 version is for Bukkit. Last time I checked there was no valid way to get bukkit plugins to work on Sponge.

Does this mean I need to also install some sort of vote listener like NuVotifier?

Yup
(15characters)

We have been noticing this too

Major problem

1 Like

It happens on 2053 but nowhere near as often. It’s one of the main reasons I’m still on 2053. We are a large server and get a lot of votes, thus a lot of work for our admins to manually issue rewards out

Does the server crash at all? I came across a crash report that would suggest our JSON RPC 2 could potentially be affecting the plugin’s performance. It may also be the case that it’s causing issues for servers that aren’t experiencing crashes. The users reporting the crashes were using Spigot on the other hand, so it may be that Sponge isn’t crashing while Spigot can.

There have been no crashes related to Enjin. Just some recent NPC ones related to Pixelmon.

Hm, it may be possible that it’s a related issue but different results on different platforms. Not sure if our new update will resolve your issue, but it does include some optimizations for data sending from the server. Let me know if you still experience issues with v3.1.0

Is this an actual update to the plugin that was already on Enjin before 9 hours ago? Or is it this same?

Also noticed nuvotifier is still packaged with the plugin, is this intentional?

Edit: Server module/minecraft page on enjin are still showing servers as offline then they are online. Highly intermittent, they will go on and offline constantly.

1 Like

Why is nuvotifier still packaged in the plugin lol, I thought the mistake won’t be made twice o.o

2 Likes

Chances are the commit resolving the issue was made after the commit that I based the 3.x branch off of. Since the major refactor is going to be 4.x I thought it best to make a branch specifically for 3.x in which I can work off of for fixes in the meantime. I’m currently looking to see what changes I made to fix the build cycle. Once I’ve resolved it on the 3.x branch I’ll ask for management to replace the 3.1.0 jar with a corrected build.

2 Likes

Version 3.1.4 released

• Reapply build script fixes for sponge plugin
  • Add missing permission to enjin config command
  • Disable player stat tracking feature
  • Decrease sync player threshold to 5 minutes

Download Enjin Plugin v3.1.4

Thats for the update :slight_smile:

Does this mean player heads will no longer work?