Enjin CMS + DonationCraft Plugin [v3.4.3] API [5.x, 6.x, 7.x]

People have already tried that. It’s pretty simple to have any fake/unofficial EMP plugins removed on spigot/sponge. And if we manage to discover any plugins that use our source code on any of the version management websites it only takes a DMCA request to pull the plug on them. We’ve done it before, albeit we simply messaged them asking them to remove the source and they complied.

Unless servers just pass it around in private or places that you won’t look, what i’m really trying to get at is that whoever runs enjin need to either pay you more so you can spend more time on it or get you a team, cos so far the Forge port on Curse worked better than your current version from what i have read and heard from server owners.
Absolutely no offence intended to you, i understand the position you are in, i have several Pixelmon side-mods that i maintain mostly on my own and everyone expects them to always be updated but that’s not always possible

Yeah, the 3rd party forge mod is based on our 2.x series source, so they just improved our previous series. I know a lot of the issues that have been reported have been extremely difficult to reproduce as they appear to be context sensitive, so it’s been a bit of a struggle fixing some of the issues. As for sponge, it just has less priority than spigot given that bukkit has always been our main platform. I’ll be working more on all the plugins here soon, I was on an extended hiatus for a couple months while dealing with some other stuff, but all that is out of the way now. Enjin prefers to keep the team smaller, and it’s not like they are super rich and can afford to hire teams of people to just work on a plugin when that’s only a small portion of their actual service.

All good, the frustrating bit was when you moved to only supporting 5.0.0 was before API 5 was released.

The main 2 problems I can see, is the spam saying that UUID’s are in an invalid format.

[15:07:01] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge/]: The Scheduler tried to run the task com.enjin.sponge-S-9861 owned by org.spongepowered.mod.plugin.SpongeModPluginContainer@1e99c8a6, but an error occured.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid UUID string: 
	at java.util.UUID.fromString(UUID.java:194) ~[?:1.8.0_91]
	at com.enjin.sponge.sync.SpongeInstructionHandler.lambda$execute$0(SpongeInstructionHandler.java:67) ~[SpongeInstructionHandler.class:?]
	at org.spongepowered.api.scheduler.Task$Builder.lambda$execute$0(Task.java:138) ~[Task$Builder.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1762]
	at org.spongepowered.common.scheduler.SchedulerBase.lambda$startTask$0(SchedulerBase.java:177) ~[SchedulerBase.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1762]
	at org.spongepowered.common.scheduler.SyncScheduler.executeTaskRunnable(SyncScheduler.java:66) ~[SyncScheduler.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1762]
	at org.spongepowered.common.scheduler.SchedulerBase.startTask(SchedulerBase.java:174) ~[SchedulerBase.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1762]
	at org.spongepowered.common.scheduler.SchedulerBase.processTask(SchedulerBase.java:160) ~[SchedulerBase.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1762]
	at java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$ValuesView.forEach(ConcurrentHashMap.java:4707) [?:1.8.0_91]
	at org.spongepowered.common.scheduler.SchedulerBase.runTick(SchedulerBase.java:104) [SchedulerBase.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1762]
	at org.spongepowered.common.scheduler.SyncScheduler.tick(SyncScheduler.java:41) [SyncScheduler.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1762]
	at org.spongepowered.common.scheduler.SpongeScheduler.tickSyncScheduler(SpongeScheduler.java:191) [SpongeScheduler.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1762]
	at org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeMod.onTick(SpongeMod.java:222) [SpongeMod.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1762]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_8_SpongeMod_onTick_ServerTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic) [?:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:49) [ASMEventHandler.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:112) [EventBus.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:83) [EventBus.class:?]
	at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPreServerTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:266) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:594) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:481) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_91]

And that commands seemed to be running asynchronously instead of the main thread.

Fixing those 2 only would reduce the 2 biggest problems, the fact that the logs are being spammed with exceptions making them almost unreadable, and that command processing randomly breaks.

I could’ve sworn we switched to 5.x only once they released it. PEX had already switched by that time from what I remember. I’ll look into that error. I changed some stuff with UUID handling, but I’m not 100% sure that we’ve pushed a new update for sponge since then.

on August 19th

API 5.0.0 was released as stable shortly after the State of Sponge which occurred on October 15th.

What you have been targetting between then has been the snapshots/bleeding which means the API you are building against is potentially changing each commit.

It’s appreciated that plugins have releases for snapshot / bleeding (for people to test developmental builds and discover bugs) but they should be concentrating on the current release.

So I’m sure you can start to understand the frustration that server operators must have been feeling, given the implied message “Update to dev builds which there isn’t even a stable API out for, let alone stable implementations.”

Some of them did, as they saw being on 1.10 a bigger draw then using stable software.

Ah, my bad, I mistook it as a release version based off what people were telling me and what I was seeing with other plugins. I’ll look and see what I can do to support the most recent version of 4.x along with 5.x if possible.

Yeah, all good people make mistakes.

If you are able to commit a little time to 4 it’s appreciated but not really expected anymore since 5 has actually seen release now.

Also you probably arn’t the only person to have made this mistake, the Sponge developers have reworked how they are doing versioning and have been considering ways to make this more clear,

That’s good, I just find it odd that sponge is already at 5.x. lol

You mean 6.0 :slight_smile:

6.0 is next and not yet released.

Perhaps in name only.

sponge version
[03:39:44] [Server thread/INFO] [nucleus]: Server ran the command: /sponge version
[03:39:44] [Server thread/INFO]: SpongeForge
Minecraft: 1.10.2
SpongeAPI: 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT-cebc736
SpongeForge: 1.10.2-2107-6.0.0-BETA-1839
Minecraft Forge: 12.18.2.2107

SNAPSHOT

In case you arn’t aware of the versioning system used, SNAPSHOT means not released, snapshot means the underlying API and implementation can change without warning.

A lot of servers can’t upgrade because mods they use only support minecraft 1.8.9. I’m stuck with sponge 4.2.0 until the mods update which is a long time from now. In the meantime being able to use Permission Manager with enjin would be extremely helpful.

2 Likes

Can you update this for latest 6.0.0 as well?
Upon updating to 1844 for performance fixes, a decent amount of donations do not go through whatsoever, but I do receive the payment on PayPal. It seems to just completely skip Enjin and doesn’t show it in the payments on Enjin.

1 Like

I’m a paying customer on enjin. You no longer seem to care about supporting this plugin and keeping enjin’s customers happy. I’m filing a complaint. I’ve waited 22 days for you to add support for PermissionManager. That’s 22 days I lost on my payment plan for enjin because I couldn’t release my server.

3 Likes

For the moment you’ll just have to adjust and use what Enjin already supports, unfortunately.

Seph is right. We need to show Enjin that server owners’ aren’t going to stand for this crap anymore. If Enjin doesn’t pay their devs enough to work on it, at least allow the community to help because right now the plugin should be in beta. Maybe the people at Enjin doesn’t even know how buggy the plugin is so we need to stand together to send them a message.

1 Like

Enjin doesn’t charge for plugin usage. You’re paying for the website only. You need to keep that in mind. They could charge you to utilize any of the features of the plugin, but they don’t. You want a more stable version of the plugin, go use spigot plugin, otherwise quit complaining. If you want to provide logs and errors that’s fine, but we’ll fix things when we get around to it. Our primary service is maintaining the content management system, and that will always be our priority.

Why do you need specific support for PermissionsManager?

Most things can be accomplished by using the API / running commands.