Error SpongeCoremod

Unable to class load the plugin org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeCoremod
Hey there! Please tell me what causes this error?
Unable to class load the plugin org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeCoremod

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeCoremod

The stack trace is saying SpongeCoremod.class doesn’t exist.

Something is suspicious here. Why are you putting the core mod name on the command line?

If you are using eclipse to build I would completely remove the project, clone it from the repo again, do a full gradle refresh again, recompile, copy it to the mods folder of Forge 1.8 and try again. If you are not using an IDE, just delete the files, clone from the repo and run the gradle build task again. The same instructions above apply to putting it in forge.

EDIT: Sorry, mods folder, I had coremods stuck in my head for some reason

Don’t use the coremods folder, use the mods folder. only pre 1.6 forge uses the coremods folder.

3 Likes

To anyone still getting this:

If you use IntelliJ IDEA (16.1) and created the Run/Debug-Configuration using the gradlew command you need to edit the configurations to use the classpath of the module named “SpongeForge_java6”.

And to your banner on the right: Yes, I do want to revive the topic because this was the only one I found when searching through google using the CnF exception.

@mark332 Note that the issue you described there is not caused by the same thing that the error in this thread was.
It sounds like there might be an issue with the project files created by the gradle task so you might want to report that on the issue tracker.

Like I said, I did not post my answer because I’ve got the same cause, but because this thread shows up in google if you search for it and it’s the same exception.
You mean the tracker on GitHub or is there another location to report it ?

Yep, on GitHub - Issues · SpongePowered/SpongeForge · GitHub

1 Like