Error stack traces not showing

I am using SpongeForge 1753 on my server and some plugins are misbehaving.

Normal thing, get the stack traces and tell the devs. The thing is, my logs look like this:

21:15:53 CONSOLE: thread/ERROR] [Sponge]: The Scheduler tried to run the task enjin-minecraft-plugin-S-147 owned by Plugin{id=enjin-minecraft-plugin, name=Enjin Minecraft Plugin, version=3.0.14-sponge, description=Enjin Minecraft Plugin for Sponge!, source=...}, but an error occured.

Now I searched all sponge configs and everything, but there is nothing that can enable stacktraces. Why cant I see the error itself?

When an exception is thrown all the way into Sponge, such as from a task, the stack trace is always shown. There isn’t a stack trace below that?

There is no stacktrace underneath it.

Could it be something with messed with log levels or so?

That version of enjin plugin is about a half a year old written for api 4.1, and you are trying to run a 1.10.2 api 5.0 server that came out long after that plugin version was made. There is likely going to be a compatibility issue problem there; wouldn’t be surprised if the boot-up sequence of the server had some warnings and errors thrown by enjin.

You dont really need a stracktrace to see that enjin was the cause in this case, and the reason is likely due to the massive version differences - if it does that with newer versions then the lack of having something to communicate to the Enjin devs would be detrimental, but you have a few versions to try first.

This was just an example. Replace Enjin plugin with any other plugin that throws an exception.RedProtect and PayDay do the same thing f.e.

if “same thing” means scheduler errors without stack traces, thats a specific commonality.
If 'same thing" means every other case where a stack trace should be thrown but only the first line appears, thats something else.

1. what plugins and mods do you have - perhaps one of them does some log suppression or log formatting
  2. are you looking at the log text files generated by the server, or are you looking at something in a console/display window from a web-interface / app-interface to a server – those interfaces will often chop off that “noise” from being displayed - even if that app/web interface has a “view logs” button separately, its not the same as (downloading and) viewing the raw log text file with a text editor, because that view-logs button can apply colorization and content filtering.

Sponge doesn’t have an option to enable stacktraces, they are already there - if some odd option setting does somehow turn them off, then consider ::: make a backup copy of your sponge config files and delete them from the server, let sponge regenerate default ones and see if that fixes it, in case you modified the right mix of settings to somehow quiet them.