Error when trying to read a key from a block

I have an event in my plugin that is fired up when a block is placed into the world. In that event I check if the block has a Key in it’s properties, by doing this

public void onBlockPlaced(ChangeBlockEvent.Place event) {
   if (!event.getTransactions().isEmpty()) {
      BlockSnapshot block = event.getTransactions().get(0).getFinal();
      if(block.get(Keys.EXTENDED).isPresent()) {
         //do stuff
      }
   }
}

However, when I do a /setblock command for a DynamicTreesBOP block I get an error. Specifically I’m trying to place a dynamictreesbop:leaves_flowering via setblock command (I can’t /give that block to manually place it). When the block is placed the event fires up and than this error is shown in the console

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:                                                                                        
Cannot get property                                                                                                        
PropertyBool{name=decayable,                                                                                               
clazz=class java.lang.Boolean,                                                                                             
values=[true, false]} as it does not                                                                                       
exist in                                                                                                                   
BlockStateContainer{block=dynamictre                                                                                       
sbop:leaves_flowering,                                                                                                     
properties=[can_flower, fast_leaves,                                                                                       
flowering, hydro, tree]}                                                                                                   
net.minecraft.block.state.BlockStateContainer$StateImplementation.func_177229_b(BlockStateContainer.java:201)              
net.minecraft.block.BlockLeaves.impl$getIsDecayableFor(BlockLeaves.java:647)                                               
net.minecraft.block.BlockLeaves.bridge$getManipulators(BlockLeaves.java:709)                                               
net.minecraft.block.state.BlockStateContainer$StateImplementation.lazyLoadManipulatorsAndKeys(BlockStateContainer.java:726)
net.minecraft.block.state.BlockStateContainer$StateImplementation.getValues(BlockStateContainer.java:919)                  
org.spongepowered.common.block.SpongeBlockSnapshot.getKeyValueMap(SpongeBlockSnapshot.java:429)                            
org.spongepowered.common.block.SpongeBlockSnapshot.get(SpongeBlockSnapshot.java:420

So basically is saying that it can’t get the decayable property from the block as is does not exist, which is true. However I’m not asking for that key anywhere, so why bother me that the key does not exist? Is there something wrong in how I get or try to read a key value from a block?