Errors with network

Hello, I was wondering if Waterfall actually supports 1.7.10 and 1.8 to connect to the server because whenever I try the 1.8 player can join however the 1.7.10 player gets disconnected with [Proxy] Lost Connection to the server.
I’m using Waterfall #202 because the recent ones says it’s outdated for 1.7.10 players.

Waterfall supports both versions; however, it doesn’t convert one to another. It only truly supports both versions if the servers it connects to support both versions. So if your server only supports 1.8, your clients can only use 1.8 to connect.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Sorry but I don’t understand what you mean, am I suppose to have the lobby server as a 1.7 + 1.8 spigot server because I think I have that.

I think what he is saying is that yes Waterfall supports both Minecraft 1.7 and 1.8, but that doesn’t mean that a 1.8 client is going to be able to connect to a 1.7 server. I just means that the proxy can do either or…I could be wrong but that’s what I got out of it.

Ah, I see what you mean but the server that they all first join in which the 1.7.10 player crashes is the hub which is a spigot server that supports 1.7.10 + 1.8 players.