[DISCONTINUED] EssentialCmds [v8.1.14]

I was EXTREMELY happy to see that you had added the blacklist feature onto this mod. It was a huge game changer for server owners who have been waiting on some sort of world guard to be released.

However, /blacklist only works slightly.

If a player has to scroll to the item in their inventory, then it changes to dirt.
But, if a player directly picks the restricted block up in their hand, they can still use the block until they scroll off of it and back on.

Anyway to fix this would be amazing.
Absolutely love your work! Keep it up!

Latest Sponge to this date
Latest Essentials to this date

[+] /god would be a nice addition

/list again ^^
thanks ! <3

Will do it today.

1 Like

I’ll look into it

EDIT: Can I see your log? @Flashback083

1 Like

http://pastebin.com/dwHiUXWA
! thx :3

Announcement:

@dualspiral and I have started a new project, called Nucleus. This plugin is modular, and extremely powerful. It features an API to allow users AND plugins to interact with modules. Once it is out of WIP, I will be discontinuing EssentialCmds, and will focus all attention on Nucleus. I encourage you all to check the plugin out. I will keep EssentialCmds updated and push bug fixes until Nucleus is done, as mentioned on the announcement thread.

Stay tuned for more updates :wink:

3 Likes

Is there a way to have 2 spawns with this plugin? I wanted one when you 1st join so you have to do some quests and read rules etc, but when players do /spawn I wanted to be elsewhere. I know Essentials for bukkit used to have that in some way. If this plugin can’t do it is there any other for sponge that does?

I might be able to add an option to change where players spawn on first join, I’ll look into it.

Will this mean all of the data stored by EssentialCmds will be lost for my server? Would there be a possible way to convert my EssenailCmds files into this plugin?

We will probably make a way to convert, but some data may be lost.

Sucks you are discontinuing this, really do not want to have to switch and redo perms after the switch so I most likely won’t be updating to Nucleus. :\

1 Like

@Lopes_Oo Just do a warp for /warp Spawn

Agreed.
This mod is perfect in my opinion. I love having it installed on my server.
If nucleus is similar and worth the move, I wouldnt mind… however, if that means everyone loses their original data from EssentialsCMDS, that could keep us from making a switch unfortunately.

None the less, Hassan needs to take care of himself. If this is what he wants to do, then we can only be happy for him! I’ll still miss essentialscmds that’s for sure.

1 Like

What I dont understand is why not keep this going, make this modular and add in new things instead of a completely new project all together.

To make this modular is gonna take a lot of work… But Nucleus is made to be modular from the start

Nucleus is similar and worth the move. Data will be transferred over automatically most likely.

1 Like

It’s due to the way it’s been written, to be honest. EssentialCmds was written in a very reactive manner, and it’s just too difficult to port over to a new structure that is modular. I started trying to do so a while back, but it’s so tangled now, the best option is to start afresh. Thankfully, I’d actually started working on what is now Nucleus a couple of months ago which has a lot of advanced back end stuff that does exactly what is needed.

However, I am aware how much people are using it, so I’m studying how EssentialCmds stores data - most of it should be transferable. There are a couple of things that need to be investigated (I think mutes being in a database is a strange one!), but I’m hoping it’ll be as smooth as possible. I’ll be working on that once I have got the rest of the backend of Nucleus tied down, which shouldn’t be much longer.

As for permissions, I’ve added suggested permissions using the API. I don’t know how permissions plugins work with this information, but PEX seems to have support for it. However, I’ll do my best to provide suggested permission sets. I do have a way to print them out automatically - as the permissions are written in such a way that the plugin auto-generates them.

We will do everything we can to make the transition as smooth as possible and as automated as possible. I plan to have full documentation for the new features, the improved features, and any manual steps you might need to make.

4 Likes

The only reason I am hesitant to begin with is the mass amount of perms ESS CMDs used. Redoing a whole perms file via commands will be a pain in the booty. Only because it seems to be that editing configs for most plugins that are built with the spongeapi seems to break things.

Release v7.8d:

Tested on SpongeForge 1207

Important Notice: If you have enabled the separate world inventory option, DISABLE IT - this feature is currently disabled by default and will not work until a few Sponge issues are resolved with the Inventory implementation. I appreciate your patience with this feature.

Changes:

• Major bug fixes with Inventory.
  • Commands now echo to Rcon.
  • Minor fixes with blacklist

Unfortunately there’s still some issues with blacklisted items.
Here’s exactly what is happening, thanks again!

http://sendvid.com/0u9tnsav