[DISCONTINUED] EssentialCmds [v8.1.14]

Appreciate it, looked around these posts couldn’t find it checked the wiki didn’t see it so I thought last resort I would ask here. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes we overlook things it happens

Hey HassanS6000, I’m having some issues getting prefixes to work with PEX. Could you spell it out for me a little more what commands I need to use in order to change the colors and set Prefix labels for my members? So for example, I’m currently using the ranks “Default”, “Member” and “Trainer” and I wanted to change “Default” to show up as “Guest” in gray, and “Member” in blue and etc before a person’s name.

The only example i’ve seen of this is the one zml gives for featherchat in his guide, and those prefixes don’t seem to jive with essentialcmds, because all I get is the colorname string popping up before a person’s name. I’ve tried every combination I could think of, and I even tried an older combination I saw you post months back, but i’ve not seen anything recent that explains this.

Help please! Thank you for your time!

For the prefixes and this plugin, you would use the classic color codes in the prefix to get the color on them like this "[&4Admin&f] "

I’m not super familiar with the classic formats. Would you be able to give me an example using my examples above? Say if I wanted to make my default rank say “Guest” before their name and be gray? I really appreciate your time.

You can get a list of colors from this site. Grey would use the color code &7.
(From the bukkit version Essentials site, might be a good idea to link it in the main post for those that don’t know the old style color code.)
http://wiki.ess3.net/mc/

I have an issue when I type

/feed it’s not filling my saturation up and not healing like it’s suppost to it’s healing like 1.8

Can there be a blockteleport command? Something so players with tpa and tp cannot request or directly teleport to you?

/pex group default option prefix [Guest]
/pex group default option namecolor GRAY (or could be GREY)

@Txk I’ll look into that one

@cillic Hmm… that’s odd, I’ll look at it

You could do it as another permission check, that + contexts gives a great deal of control.

I wonder if you could update butcher to have a parameter to allow you to target mob types (eg. monster, or peaceful), mob entity names, or even have an all which will kill all mob types? You should still have it butcher the default types of mobs on the server if the command is ran without a parameter.

It would make cleaning up something like an enormous chicken launcher, quite a bit easier.

1 Like

I was modifying the join message to: joinmsg="&bWelcome back &4@p&b!", but when I log into my server, I receive: Is the “@p” function not been implemented for joining messages, or I’m I doing something wrong?

@p selectors have to be explicitly supported by plugins, unless they are being parsed as a command argument that would normally accept a selector.

That said, the way the selector API is exposed in Sponge should mean that if the plugin author wishes to, they should be able to implement selectors.

There may be another way of specifying the players name that is plugin specific though.

@ryantheleach The “@P” selector is supported by part of this plugin though e.g, the disconnect message="&4@p &bhas left the server." and the login message="&4@p &bhas joined the server!"

1 Like

It is supported. Must be messed up somehow… I’ll take a look @SalvadorZXA

2 Likes

Ingame screen
CMDs config.conf
Hey there. i try to make my log in and Join messages for my pixelmon server. But i have one Problem. i want him to use the Players name insteat of @p but it doesn’t work.
thanks for help

Hello

Is it possible to pay the order?
Ex: /home -> 5$
/warp -> 10$

Thank you

I love this plugin,blacklist is useful in my server.but i want someone can use that item in blacklist.so i must give their permission.
but this plugin only essentialcmds.blacklist.bypass or essentialcmds.blacklist.use
eg. minecraft:redblock in blacklist
if someone can use this item i just give their permission “essentialcmds.blacklist.bypass.minecraft:redblock”
it seems bukkit plugin Banitem
Please

re

I encounter a problem. The plugin can not find the “home” and “warp” to reboot the server so that files (home and warp) contain what is point

thank you in advance

Release v8.1.13:

Minecraft 1.8.9 - Tested on SpongeForge 1547
Minecraft 1.10.2 - Tested on SpongeForge 1553

Changes:

• Fixed issue where @p was not being replaced in welcome message.

Enjoy this Update! :smile:

Hey Hassan! I really appreciate you responding before and your commands worked perfectly, quick question, would there be a way to make the prefix a color as well?