[DISCONTINUED] EssentialCmds [v8.1.14]

teleport function is not working correctly please look in to this (for main players not for OP)

I want to make a lightning bow using commands blocks on my server, but the kill command is not working because of the commands, can I remove it somehow?

How do you make it so tpa commands Caan be used by survival players only? Also if possible is there a way to also maje it so survival players can tp to coordinatesee too like way points in a minimap?

after I install this and set the prefix to my group, it gave me this error in server console whenever the group menber send a message in chat.
[14:00:30] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge]: Could not pass ServerChatEvent to org.spongepowered.mod.p
lugin.SpongeModPluginContainer@bc445dd
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -4
at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.substring(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at java.lang.StringBuilder.substring(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_60]
at io.github.hsyyid.essentialcmds.listeners.MessageSinkListener.onMessage(MessageSinkListener.java:201) ~[MessageSinkListener.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.listener.ChatListener_MessageSinkListener_onMessage55.handle(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.event.RegisteredListener.handle(RegisteredListener.java:95) ~[RegisteredListener.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1653]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:201) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1653]
at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:148) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1653]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:92) [EventBus.class:?]
at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:81) [EventBus.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.handler$injectChatEvent$0(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:78) [lm.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147354_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:799) [lm.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C01PacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:37) [ie.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.play.client.C01PacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) [ie.class:?]
at org.spongepowered.common.network.PacketUtil.onProcessPacket(PacketUtil.java:121) [PacketUtil.class:1.8.9-1890-4.2.0-BETA-1653]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.redirect$onProcessPacket$0(SourceFile:39) [fh$1.class:?]
at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(SourceFile:13) [fh$1.class:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_60]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_60]
at net.minecraft.util.Util.func_181617_a(SourceFile:44) [g.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:660) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:344) [ko.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:605) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:481) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_60]

any Idea?
version: 1.8.9 - forge 1890.
using permission manager.

OK, I find a way to avoid this, but maybe devs still need to check the code.
instead of doing this:
prefix: ‘&9[&eAdmins&9]’,
we should use :
prefix3: ‘&9]’
prefix2: ‘&eAdmins’ (less than 10 char per prefix)
prefix: ‘&9[’
to avoid the error message and make the chat display properly.
I believe it should have something to do with the string length.

How to create a world with nothing ? A void world ?

Is there anyway to unalias some of your commands? like “kill” and “tp”? now I can’t kill any enderman or whatever without everything else distruct.

I believe you can use /minecraft:command to use the vanilla commands.

Hello all,

As planned EssentialCmds is no longer being developed and is hereby discontinued.

I strongly recommend moving over to NucleusPowered which is actively developed by @dualspiral and many other developers in the community such as @KingGoesGaming

I’d like to thank everyone who made EssentialCmds what it was, such as @KingGoesGaming, and other members of the SpongePowered community who used the plugin, found bugs, and pitched in answering questions on the forums.

Thanks! :smiley:

5 Likes

May I also pay tribute to Hassan here. He really helped start the Sponge community going with an Essentials style plugin… and then I came and messed that up! :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, it’s a pleasure to see Hassan is about, and he will also be sinking his teeth into some Nucleus stuff once again. Please, send your wants, needs and gripes to us, and we’ll do our best to help you! We also have a migrator, so those of you on EssentialCmds still can move across to Nucleus with minimal data loss, we hope!

Thank you @HassanS6000, for all your hard work, and may it continue in Nucleus!

And, come say hi to us all in Discord!

8 Likes

Hassan you are giving me way too much credit. Really I know what (self reflective) I did. I jumped into the project with all the hype I had, did a bit and lost interest. You cant really credit that much for doing that.

But it was nice working on EssentialCmds none the less. Hope to see you working on other plugins including the successor of this plugin: Nucleus :slight_smile:

1 Like

is update to 1.11.2?? PLZ!!! 3Q

It’s discontinued. Not being updated.

Look at Nucleus by @dualspiral