Event Sounds - Event Sounds including resource packer

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, Event Sounds. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

EventSounds

Add custom sounds to your server!

Included Events: Joinsounds, Chatsounds, Quakesounds
Easily add new sounds to your server; without overwriting vanilla sounds and without any knowledge for resource-packs!

The sounds can also be used in /playsound like this:
/playsound es.<EVENT>.<SOUNDNAME> channel player ...

Commands and Permissions

/eventsounds, /es - Reload the resource-pack
Permission: none

/es reload [-b|-u] - Reload the config
Permission: es.command.reload
Flags:
-b - Rebuild the resource-pack
Permission: es.command.rebuild
-u - Rebuild and upload the resource-pack
Permission: es.command.upload

/soundlist, /chatsounds - List all sounds available in chat
Permission: es.command.soundlist

/stopsound [player] [source] [sound] - Overwrite the vanilla /stopsound to allow no args for self targeting
Permission: minecraft.command.stopsound
Arguments:
player - The target to stop sounds for, can be selector
Permission: minecraft.command.stopsound.player
source - The channel, the sound shall be stop on
Permission: minecraft.command.stopsound.source
sound - The sound that should be stopped
Permission: minecraft.command.stopsound.sound

How to add sounds:

Put them inside a assets/eventsounds/ folder on your server (you have to create that folder).
Then add them to the configuration and update your resource-pack (/es reload).

Note: Changing the resource-pack requires the minecraft-server to restart! This is a limitation of minecraft servers themself, not of the plugin or Sponge!

Can I get a YouTube tutorial?

Configuration

I’m plugin developer

This plugins is not phoning home, checking for updates or otherwise collecting data

Need Help?

Join my Discord

1 Like

Your GH page doesn’t work.

sorry, forgot to make it public, should work now

It does.
Also, I cannot help but notice:

You know your plugin can send any user any resource pack it wants to, right?

I know it, but I totally forgot about it…
Given that the resource-pack setting is prompt by default that would always show that prompt on join tho, regardless of whether the pack changed or not, I don’t know if that’s better on the player side. For requesting the default resource-pack again there’s /es.
I think the best way would be a configuration option.

Edit: I forgot that the prompt asks for “always/never”, so there shouldn’t be a problem

A new version has been released for Event Sounds, it is available for download here.

The resouce-pack is pushed to the player when joining now, removing the necessity for the server to be restarted when the resource-pack is updated

Also added an additional archive validation after upload

1 Like

So does the sound data only get pushed to the player on connect or is it possible to have a continuous .ogg data stream pushed to the client?

I wouldn’t know any way vanilla would handle audio streams like that.
This plugin generates a resource pack from oggs on the server, uploads that to a ftp server so players can download that resource pack.

In case you know a way to stream audio without a resource pack in vanilla I’d happily take a look at that.

Yeah I came to the same conclusion… Its a shame that resource packs are archives. The only way I’ve been able to inject music other the resource packs is client mods. I will definitely let you know if I find a way though! :smiley:

A new version has been released for Event Sounds, it is available for download here.

• Changed ftp client to ftp4j
  • added default config
  • new option to reduce console output

• Fixed custom events not loading from config

• Fixed error cause by logout command, that’s not supported by every ftp server

• Empty config value for template is now treated properly
  • pack.mcmeta correctly generates now
  • Sound files no longer have to be lower case
  • Removed VersionChecker