ExtraChat - Giving your chat some life [v1.4e] - Chat channels and Community Word Blacklist!

Btw, are you using forge? I ask because you said minecraft1.8

Sorry I realise now that I didn’t clarify this.

I’m running JDK 1.8U45, Forge 1.8-11.14.1.1402, Sponge 1.8-1371-2.1DEV-440 and Minecraft 1.8 on a Linux 64 bit platform.

I think the admins just sorted me out so I can post the screenshot now. Thanks @FerusGrim :smile:

3 Likes

Maybe is a resource pack issue or a linux issue, I’m testing with linux now.

i only have two other plugins - i’ll remove them now and retest.

On my linux server shows with color.

I worked it out - it’s the “Spongy” plugin

as soon as I remove that, the colour works fine on your plugin.

this plugin has some colour handling which obviously conflicts with yours.

i’m unsure if you have a way to resolve this at all?

many thanks for your assistance :slight_smile:

cheers, wizdude

Spongy it’s not using the correct method to replace the color codes. I have fixed it but @Lokio27 remember to change it to the method fromLegacy() :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Please use a recommended forge Version. This is 1371 for the current sponge build (as stated in the sponge.jar filename) :wink:

1 Like

I’ve changed it to .fromLegacy in my development builds. 0.4 is going to fix a bunch of issues.

I’ll do a bit of testing and if they just aren’t compatible, I’ll add a config entry to disable color formatting in Spongy. 0.4 is coming out soon and I’m gonna test it with that. If it works with the dev build of that, I’ll just send you that build for now.

I should too but it shouldn’t have a problem.

Double parsing probably isn’t making the server happy.

Instead of adding a config we could check if it contains “&”

Uh, what? It already does that, just our plugins conflict because I’m sending the message through replaceCodes in that version, and it could be receiving the .fromLegacy version.

.fromLegacy(“message”,’&’);

I delayed the event priority and it works so I don’t know if thats the issue.

I’ll do some testing here, 1 second.
@wizdude, stacktrace?

Both plugins work together, but they kill each-others format colors for the chat message. 1.3 allows Spongy to handle the nicknames, so Idk what you changed :3
So, I think just having either your plugin or my plugin detect if the other is loaded, and if it is, just don’t format the chat with in-chat color formatting

@Buuz135, Your plugin puts the chat in .toPlain(), so my plugin’s color formatting dies and the chat isn’t formatted because my plugin went first with it, or maybe after sometimes.

EDIT:
Texts.toLegacy(event.getMessage(),’&’); :smiley:

Next update I will change some stuff.

When the plugin has delayed priority, it overrides my nickname feature. If you reset it back to normal priority, or make it always run before Spongy, the plugin works swimmingly. Right now, for compatability, it sends the text through .toLegacy so that it picks up on all other formatting.
Right now, it’s working great with this update:

I’m using 1.3, not 1.3d so that it works, otherwise it’s just a mess of &r &3

@Buuz135

For the name changes you could put it as a display name and I could grab the display name.

All of your plugin’s features work if you run them before Spongy, that’s what I mean. Mine just would handle coloring of the display names and nicknaming. I’ll do some other testing, but this build works great with the latest build of my plugin.

As I said making the custom name a DisplayName when the player joins it would be easier in my side to get the DisplayName and add it to the message so your plugin can handle Custom names.