ExtraChat - Giving your chat some life [v1.4e] - Chat channels and Community Word Blacklist!

Wanted to try this out but I continue to get a server crash when running it along side the latest DEV build (433) and version 1.1. Heres a link to the report. Crash Report

Looks your on Java 7, but the plugin is compiled for 8. Either @Buuz135 needs to compile it for 7, or you need to upgrade to 8.

Yes, I’m in java 8. It’s better for you to update to java 8 :stuck_out_tongue: I’m just too lazy. Either way I could compile it for java 7 if there is need to.

Oh duh. Thanks.

Love this plugin, I will probably use it in my own server once things become a bit more stable and the plugins become more available.

I just wanted to say that since this is going to be released to the public and since it already is. I think that you, as the developer should compile it in Java 7, unless there’s something in Java 8 that you can’t supplement using Java 7.

It would just give you a broader audience, less people complaining about server crashes and issues and just less hassle overall. Just a thought :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will make a jenkins in a few days so no worries about that.

Version 1.2 is out with chat log, chat replacer and word blacklister.
Its also java 7 compatible!

Does ExtraChat support regular expressions for word filtering?

Have a nice day :bee:

If you mean more than one word expressions blacklist, it does.

I mean RegEx like this (filtering “fuck”, “f_u_c_k”, “ffuck”, etc. in this example):

f+[^A-Za-z0-9]*(u|ü|Ü|û|Û|ú|Ú|ù|Ù)+[^A-Za-z0-9]*((c+[^A-Za-z0-9]*k+[^A-Za-z0-9]*)

Like in the old BungeeChatFilter.

No, but I can change it in a moment, is that the regex filter where f is the blacklisted?

Version 1.3 just released with an Automatic broadcaster. Permsissions. McStats. Showing items in chat. You can grab it on my jenkins :smiley:

2 Likes

jdk 1.8u45, sponge-1.8-1371-2.1DEV-440, minecraft-1.8 with ExtraChat 1.3.

crash when module loads.

full log here:

opened as issue on github as well.

cheers, wizdude.

Fixed! :smiley: It’s on my jenkins.

what a quick response :smile:

your plugin now loads and runs, but it throws another warning while loading.

see http://pastebin.com/p7EeWh2Z

i also couldn’t work out how to get the blacklisting to work. i tried as per the config file:

words=word1,word2,word3

but this would cause a result like:

Caused by: com.typesafe.config.ConfigException$Parse: Reader: 5: Key ‘word2’ may not be followed by token: ‘,’ (if you intended ‘,’ to be part of the value for ‘word2’, try enclosing the value in double quotes).

also - when the plugin loads for the first time, it only creates metrics.yml. You need to exit and run the server a second time for it to create config.conf and the other files.

many thanks :smile:

should I be posting each bug up on Github as well? or is posting it here just as good?

cheers, wizdude.

While the bug it’s posted somewhere it’s okay :D. The crash is related to the broadcast file is empty, everything should work still. I have fixed it in my dev enviroment.

The new version is out, should fix the word blacklist, I changed it to “word-word”. This a temporary format, the good way of doing it will come in the next version.

great work. that appears to work fine.

now the last item is the chat colouring. I can’t get it to work. By using either the “/ec formatmes” command or changing the config file itself, the format is changing but there is no colour.

i used your example on the page:

formatMes="&a[&3%PLAYER%&a] &c&l>> &6%MES%"

is there something else I am missing or require to make the colour work?

cheers, wizdude.

It works for me, when you change it from the config do you restart the server?

I certainly have. I’ve restarted both the server and clients.

[i’ve got a screenshot but I can’t post it!]

I’ve connected from other PC’s on my network - they all get the same format with no colour.

cheers, wizdude