"Foundation" - Common APIs and Plugin Infrastructure Manager

So you’re actually going to compete with Lapis Commons? I mean don’t get me wrong competition in general is beneficial, but Lapis Commons seems to be very well-designed for their aimed purpose.

Either way which project started first it’s unnecessary to compete but provide the same functionality at the same time. I can just repeat, a plugin simliar to Essentials would be way more interesting for the Sponge community.

1 Like

@Dyprex We’re currently in an IRC channel, and it seems that the competition will be less than expected. We realize our goals are taking a different path.

I really don’t see the point of this change.
Now, it’s:

• Exactly like Lapis
  • Not just a plugin

I just wanted a plugin like Essentials, not an API system… :frowning:

Only the Core is like Lapis, somewhat. It won’t be just the core, it’ll be a collection of modules on top of their own API (the core being the API).

@Squawkers13 Our main goal is still to provide exactly the same initial idea. We’ll develop a plugin like that, but Foundation is just a step before that.

Also, me and @Falkreon concluded that Foundation and Lapis are actually very different. Lapis provides functions for plugins like a command framework, scheduling, tasks etc. (more developer-oriented). Foundation won’t provide these things, we’ll include things like teleportation, user-and server management, jails etc. The only overlapping APIs are economy, permissions (which we don’t know IF it will be implemented) and scripting. However, Lapis provides scripting for Lua and Javascript, and we’ll provide scripting for Javascript and Python, so that is just personal preference.

Like i said, a plugin like Essentials is coming in a more modular, flexible and customizable way.

@Kornagan Thanks for this post, i hope it’ll clarify everything now.

1 Like

@Kornagan Thanks for that, i definetly need your help with that!

Did you paint that backdrop? It’s quite impressive overall, I’d like that website XD Doesn’t really look like a Sponge plugin sort of page, but it’s nice nonetheless.

That makes sense. Bit of a vague thing for anyone happening across it, but it works. Something like an atom or maybe something like a blueprint may be more obvious. It works well enough, just maybe gives off the wrong vibe XD

1 Like

Could do. I quite like the dark and cool swatch overall though. You can probably pull of a bright or dark warm if you wanted, you seem inclined to design.

I really like that design, keep it up!

1 Like

@Exstar @Kornagan Just checking in here briefly, website looks epic.

@Kornagan This look really nice!

Jails
You’re able to create a plugin which manages jails, prisoners etc. very quickly.

This can apply to jails, but isn’t limited to other forms like homes, resident regions, stuff like that?

Homes, regions, warps etc. are possible.

So… pretty much like Vault?

Yes, but it’s way more extended (Teleportation, Permissions, Scripting and also helper classes).

Looks very cool :wink:

Suggestions:

• Provide shortcuts for important things, currently you must scroll down
  • The last section is hard to read, to dark

You you think Foundation wil become something like BKcommondsLIB then? And FoundationCore something like Essentials/UltimateCore?

@Kornagan It looks pretty nice ;). I’m currently doing some core and utility stuff, but i’ll be helping you with the API design.