GameSpleef - A spleef minigame

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, GameSpleef. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

GameSpleef

This spleef plugins provides the ability to add multiple floors, detection of campers, keeps tracks who knocked who out.

Setup

To setup a arena use /spleef admin and click on create new.
Note: To add a floor go stand at one side on the floor and on the other side the block below the floor
After setup click save, it should now be added.

Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/PLtShzy9tp4
Note on video: Lobby & Spawn are switched

• Lobby is the place where you spawn when you die or leave
  • Spawn is the place you go to when entering the game

To change the rewards the winner gets you will need to edit the gamespleef.conf if you edit it don’t forget to reload or restart your server (you can use /sponge plugins reload gamespleef)

Commands

Command Permission
/spleef join gamespleef.join
/spleef list gamespleef.join
/spleef leave gamespleef.leave
/spleef admin gamespleef.admin
2 Likes

A new version has been released for GameSpleef, it is available for download here.

A spleef minigame

Fix some issues

A new version has been released for GameSpleef, it is available for download here.

Fix bug in /spleef leave throwing exception when game has not started yet

1 Like

Could you update the source code of the plugin in your repository? I would like to translate your plugin into Russian.

Pushed to GitHub

Thank you very much. If I have time, I will add to your plugin the possibility of easy localization without source code changes.

Update:

Before updating delete your current config

Added config options:

• saveInv: experimental inventory save option (inventory will get saved when a player joins the game and will get stuff back when leaving) probably doesn’t work on modded
  • playerLimit: maximum players to join the area
  • campRadius
  • campInterval
  • campPlayers
1 Like

Update the repository on GitHub. I think tomorrow I can give you a method of simple localization.

I added the localization to your plugin. Now anyone can create their own localization without changing the plugin code. If you have any questions about the changes that I made, I am ready to answer them.
Here is a link to the source code, also there is already a compiled plugin GitHub - Mr-Krab/GameSpleef: SpongePowered Spleef minigame.
Also, I must say that the plugin configuration is now saved along the path */config/pluginID/config.conf
I tested the plugin after adding the functionality and found no problems. You might not like something in the code I wrote. You can change anything in it.

A spleef minigame

(you will need to redefine your game regions with this update)

• Move config over to subfolder
  • Now able to edit user facing messages
  • REWARDS!!! (only for winners)
  • Bug fix in inventory restore mechanism.

How I play this? There’s a right floor? I do a snow floor thinking i will get a shovel, but it did not happen :frowning:

1 Like

the floor can be any type of block, players use their fist to break blocks. They have the ability to instant break blocks

When trying to make my first arena and clicking save, I keep getting an error message of:
Error occurred while executing command: The box is degenerate on Y

I followed instructions in the youtube video, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Hey could you please make the hunger restore optional?
Or only during the Spleef Game? Else the player can restore his hunger by joining the arena and leaving again.

1 Like

Can not make an arena. Keep getting an error “error occured while executing command: The box is degenerate on y” afteer trying to save.

followed your youtube video for instructions.

Error thrown in console:

This error is caused when your floor or area is not sized properly you need at least 1 block of Y-offset.
I’ve made some changes in release 1.5 that fixes this issue. Best thing to do is delete the config and make the arenas again.

Release 1.5 isn’t on Ore yet (I have to wait 3 days to make uploads again) you can however find the release on GitHub.

2 Likes

@Balgros in release 1.5 hunger, food and potion effects will only get applied when the game starts.
Release 1.5 isn’t on Ore yet (I have to wait 3 days to make uploads) you can find the release on GitHub

Thank you for your effort! I just updated it, a few minutes ago.

There is something more i would like to recommend.
The player should not have access to his commands during the game …

Just one more thing.
Do you plan to make a winner board?

Will you update your plugin again?

hm, it still says “box is degenerate in y”
tried to get lower and higher, but no luck… same error