Graveyards - A player spawn-point plugin

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, Graveyards. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Graveyards

Graveyards is a simple spawnpoint defining plugin. When players die, they respawn at the nearest graveyard.

Commands

/gy - Displays version information about the Graveyards Plugin. (Aliases: gy, graveyard)
/gy create <name> [group] [world] [x, y, z] [x, y, z] - Creates a graveyard with the given name in the given group, or the default group if none is provided, at the provided world, location and orientation, or your current world, location, and orientation if none are provided. (Aliases: mk, create, add)
/gy destroy <name> [group] [world] - Destroys a graveyard with the given name in the given group, or the default group if none is provided, in the provided world or your current world if none is provided. (Aliases: rm, destroy, remove)
/gy creategroup <name> - Creates a new Graveyard Group with the provided name. (Aliases: mkgr, creategroup, addgroup)
/gy destroygroup <name> - Destroys a Graveyard Group with the provided name, in additon to all graveyards in the group! (Aliases: rmgr, destroygroup, removegroup)
/gy list [world] - Lists all graveyards in the provided world or your current world if none is provided. (Aliases: ls, list)
/gy nearest [group] [world] [x, y, z] - Identifies the nearest graveyard in the given group, or all groups if none is provided, from the provided world and location or your current world and location if neither is provided. (Aliases: fd, nearest, closest)
/gy teleport <name> [group] [world] - Teleports you to the graveyard with the given name in the given group, or the default group if none is provided, at the provided world or your current world if none is provided. (Aliases: tp, teleport)
/gy setMessage <name> <group> [world] <message> - Sets the welcome message of the graveyard with he given name in the given group at the provided world or your current world if none is provided. (Aliases: sm, setMessage)
/gy setRange <name> <group> [world] <range> - Sets the respawn range of the graveyard with he given name in the given group at the provided world or your current world if none is provided (set to -1 for infinte range). (Aliases: sr, setRange)

Permissions

graveyards.commands.info
graveyards.commands.create
graveyards.commands.destroy
graveyards.commands.group.create
graveyards.commands.group.destroy
graveyards.commands.list
graveyards.commands.nearest
graveyards.commands.teleport
graveyards.commands.set.message
graveyards.commands.set.range

Graveyard Groups

As of Graveyards v2.2.0, Graveyards are now contained within Graveyard Groups, there is a default group which always exists and you can create new groups with the creategroup command. Graveyards can be assigned a group when first created in the create command. All players have acess to the graveyards in the default group. In order for a player to be able to respawn in a graveyard outside the default group, they must have the permision graveyards.respawn.<group_name> where <group_name> is the name of the group in all lowercase!

Support Me

I will never charge money for the use of my plugins, however they do require a significant amount of work to maintain and update. If you’d like to show your support and buy me a cup of tea sometime (I don’t drink that horrid coffee stuff :P) you can do so here

2 Likes

Nice, I will keep on following you :slight_smile:

1 Like

A new version has been released for Graveyards, it is available for download here.

Release v2.2.0

Minecraft 1.10.2 - Tested on spongevanilla-1.10.2-5.2.0-BETA-381

Changes:

• Added concept of a “Graveyard Group” when creating a Graveyard, you can optionally specify a group for it to be under, only players with the appropriate group permission will be able to respawn at the Graveyard.
  • Modified commands to include an optional group parameter, if no group is specified, the default group is assumed, except in the case of the nearest command, in which case all groups are searched.
  • Added groupcreate and groupdestroy commands and permission nodes for creating and destroying groups
  • Migrated data files from .config to .conf to match convention, everything should transfer automatically, but please backup your data files before updating.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

That is some unexpected message. But higly appreciated :smiley:

Thanks for this update !

Will the player respawn at his bed, when it´s nearer than the next graveyard?

What else to say? Thx for the plugin, nice idea and well known from some mmorpg´s

No, in its current form this plugin completely disables respawning at beds after player death.

Will keep on following you, i hope you will add an option for this in future (maybe for certain worlds) :grin:

Hi Zerthick,

i have some suggestions.
Could you add?
Min-/Maxrange for a Graveyard
effects after respawn, like visual and potion
choose weather or not keeping items / certain items
items will be stored in a chest at deathpoint
death costs money

1 Like

in addition for my first post

effects after respawn, like visual and potion like ---- visual=respawn effect, potion=add duration and level and also multiple potioneffects

death costs money ---- respawning at this graveyard cost that amount of money

So I probably wouldn’t add all these features to this plugin because I think they may be a bit out of scope, but I could certainly write some companion plugins to add some of these :slight_smile:

• Min-/Maxrange for a Graveyard - This is an idea I’ve been toying with for a while know, the issue is it does add to the complexity of calculating which Graveyard the player should spawn at (i.e. with an overlapping radius), but the real issue is how to handle the case where the player is not within range of any graveyard, what happens then? I’m open to suggestions :slight_smile:

• effects after respawn, like visual and potion - Companion plugin would probably be best for this, I’ll add it to the list!

• choose weather or not keeping items / certain items - Vanilla Minecraft actually has this feature if I recall, however if you want to only have certain items stay you would need a plugin or use the curses

• items will be stored in a chest at deathpoint - Companion plugin definitely, though not hard to write, I’ll look into this as well

• death costs money - have to figure out the case where the player is broke, in that case would they not be able to respawn? :stuck_out_tongue:

In the meantime, I think this plugin may suit some of your needs.

1 Like

hey, thanks for the reply.

and for sure i have suggestions :slight_smile:

Min/Max:
so for what i need is that i have like a starting city with a main graveyard this one has no min/max so if one dies at no graveyard in range he should always spawn there, like the actual spawn
and for calculating which if he is in range to more than one he should spawn at the closest

keep items:
i dont want to use keepinventory cause this should not be the case for all worlds
cause i need it i.e.
world1 player should not keep items
world2 player keep certain items
world3 player keep all items

Items:
only the player should be able to look in this chest and maybe an optional despawn time, i want to use Latch maybe u can hook up to this :wink:

death costs money:
i need this custom on each, cause in game progress/story progress u will get more and more and travel further so dying at further points should be punished more
and if ur broke u respawn at the global/the closest without money set on it

the deathpenalty looks good for debuffs, but also i need this to be custom for each :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you
:smiley:

A new version has been released for Graveyards, it is available for download here.

In Range?

Release v2.3.0

Minecraft 1.11.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.11.2-2282-6.0.0-BETA-2297

Changes:

• Updated to Sponge API 6.0
  • Added concept of a Graveyard range, through the setRange command, you can now set the maximum range at which a player will respawn at a graveyard.

Enjoy!

1 Like

@muhahahahe Max range added! :smile:

:slight_smile:
nice, ty
keep up

Suggestion inside :slight_smile:

Is it possible to hook into a protection plugin like RedProtect (or GriefPrevention) to generate a protected zone around the graveyard point ?

One could prevent sneaky from building around (and so on, placing traps under the point…)

Spooky Seven

Release v2.4.0

Minecraft 1.12.2 - Tested on spongeforge-1.12.2-2555-7.1.0-BETA-2815

Changes:

• Update to Sponge API 7

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hi, im loving this mod so far, but is it possible to add a “Discover” feature so that you can only respawn at a graveyard once you’ve discovered the location?
that would be awesome since i dont want players to die the first time and respawn somewhere they have never been to before.
Thanks for reading and keep up the good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should be possible, I’ll add it to my todo list :slight_smile: