GriefPrevention Official Thread [1.10/1.11/1.12] TOWN/WECUI Support

Simply set the farewell to an empty string “”.

Delete your permissions.json so it can reset then readd all your perms while using in-game commands. Do not edit them manually and you won’t have an issue.

This has been fixed in SF 1799+.

Hey @blood,

So I have been testing out the /cp command. I am doing the following “/cp nucleus.home.base -1” This should block a player with the permission from doing “/home blah” but it does not. It shows in chat that it has been set to -1. However, players are still able to use the command within the claim. I am using Sponge Forge Beta 1762, Minecraft 1.8.9, the latest GP version for 1.8.9. Any Ideas?

So I’ve got PEX and grief protection in here. I just want to be able to use the golden shovel for lands claims. I’d like everyone on the server to have like 5000 claim blocks.
When I try to do this, it says I don’t have any claims blocks. No one does.
Once I created an admin group in PEX (I barely even know how to do that), it now allows me to claim some. I can also use the ACB command to manually give claim blocks, but that’s going to be painful if I have to do that for everyone that joins.
How do I just give permissions for random people joining the server to always be given 5k claim blocks?
Thanks!

Sure, you would simply modify the GP config option “initial-claim-blocks” to 5000 under the general category. If you want to modify the option globally for ALL worlds, navigate to ./config/GriefPrevention/worlds/global.conf. If you want to set this option to a specific world/dimension then navigate to the respective config. After changing the config, you will need to either run
‘/gpreload’ or restart the server.

I’ll look into this soon. Create a ticket on github.

Dup fix is confirmed, thanks!
We did find a bypass with Tinker’s construct, I’ll open a ticket shortly.

so I’m having a strange issue for over a week now no matter when version of sponge I try. Finally narrowed it down to a GP issue as the issue stops when I remove GP from my mod folder and don’t run it on the server

So when someone enters the spawn city on our server, the only area that consist of admin claims, the server becomes unresponsive but generates no errors and doesn’t shut down. Every player online is lagged out of the server and cannot reconnect. The server still shows all player still in the server even after everyone has timed out. The server console itself aslo does not respond to commands, can’t even /stop it. I have to force close the server to restart it.

This only happens with GP installed and when a player enters the spawn area which is admin claimed. Here is github thread for sponge where we were trying to narrow it down

https://github.com/SpongePowered/SpongeForge/issues/946

Hello have a quick question if someone would like to help out :slight_smile:
I am on a pixelmon server where we use Grief Prevention as our claiming plugin, and in a certain area i am trying to create this one claim for an event (a CTF gamemode) for the server. I was wondering if anyone knew a way where i could create a flag in that plot of land so pixelmon entities wont spawn in there? or is there a way i can make it so the pokemon don’t spawn in that area :slight_smile: any ideas would be appreciated.

ok I started with a fresh permissions file to try and track this and the issue starts when I ad flags to stop pixelmon shop keepers and traders from spawning but it didn’t do it instantly. Think it started when I added that flag to the claim that contains the world spawn point. here is a paste of my permissions file

It doesn’t seem to be working

Test with latest SF, should fix your issue.

What permissions plugin are you using? If PEX, are you using file-mode? Paste your permissions.json as well.

Just stand in the claim and type the following

/cf entity-spawn pixelmon:any false

It did not. Stopping traders from spawning still killed server performance and lagged everyone out. Ran it in verbose mode so you can see how many its trying to stop. Also as expected many other plugins didnt function with the test build of SF. No surprise there but worth noting

I’m using pex and i’m using file-mode

Permissions file

that’s file mode.

getting this error with newest build

GP - 83
Pex - 144
Sponge Forge - 1820

anyone know the flags for the shopkeepers/doctors/movetutors aka all the NPCs that pixelmon has to offer? I am trying to search for them but clearly i am bad at life xD Any help would be appreciated, thanks :smiley: