Group Manager , Assistance needed *

Hello, lately I made a server and everything runs fine but my relationship with GroupManager isn’t going well. For starters, all my plugins are in the “mods” folder and they all work fine (they wont work at all in the “plugins” folder) Group Manager works , but it won’t cooperate with Nucleus (Prefix-Suffix won’t show)
There is no general “config.yml” file so every group has it’s own .yml file that I have to edit (in the config folder) everytime I need to make a change. I do not know if I have installed all plugins wrong or if it is like that because of Spongeforge.

… GroupManager? There is no GroupManager for Sponge (are you thinking of PEX?). There is no plugins folder, everything goes in the mods folder. Sponge doesn’t use YAML for configuration, it uses HOCON which has the file extension .conf.

1 Like

I have a suspicion @Skylord_Horus is referring to

which does support YAML

Unless he is trying to use Group Manager related to Bukkit? http://wiki.mc-ess.net/wiki/Group_Manager

Which will not work btw.

@Skylord_Horus We need more details on which Group Manager you are referring to in order to help.

Also on the assumption you mean the Bukkit plugin, Sponge does not work with Bukkit plugins.

This potentially changes if you are using Pore or PoreRT but please note that they are entirely experimental and when using them any issues that arise from Bukkit plugins should first be directed to the PoreRT thread / devs

I am using the Sponge one , yes indeed there is no plugins folder, but since GM(GroupManager) isn’t read as a plugin it doesn’t output the “group.yml” file that is needed to edit the groups, and it is quite unclear on how I am supposed to work with both GM and Nucleus to create prefixes ( Yes i have read the Wiki)
Thank you all!

As far as I know, GroupManager only works with the bukkit API, so it won’t load in a Sponge server (without major hackery…).

I believe it’s possible to import a GM config into Luckperms, which does work with Sponge implementations.

No, I mean the Sponge version , the one the guy has shown above.

PermissionManager?

Can you link us to where you found it?

We seriously arn’t sure of what you are talking about.

Just to ellaborate when you say that^, it confuses us because as stated, there is no GroupManager for Sponge. If you are indeed referring to PermissionManager, you need to clarify that by calling it by it’s actual name. GroupManager and PermissionManager are two different plugins designed for two very different API’s

1 Like

Permission* Apologies :slight_smile:

If you have any questions about PermissionManager, you should ask it on the thread of PermissionManager.

1 Like