HardScene-RemoteTerminal (based on HardScene for Bukkit)

HardScene-RemoteTerminal (No longer supported, sorry!)

A modified version of HardScene, allowing remote access to the command line of the machine this is running on.

For a visual representation of what this project can offer, http://i.imgur.com/AlPyHj6.png.

You can download this plugin at https://ci.devon.com.de/job/HardScene_Sponge-RemoteTerminal/

Commands

1. /hr help - Displays a listing equal or close to this copy
  2. /hr ban (ip) - Attemps to ban the specified IP from the server
  3. /hr pardon (ip) - Attempts to remove the specified IP from banned clients
  4. /hr kick (id) - Attemps to kick the specified client from the server
  5. /hr check - Attempts to check if the server is running or not
  6. /hr toggle - Attempts to toggle the online state of the server
  7. /hr reload - Attempts to reload the legacy configuration file
  8. /hr list [/a] - Attemps to list the connected clients on the server
  9. /hr tell (id) (msg) - Sends a message to the specified client

Notes for running HardScene-RemoteTerminal

1. The HardScene server config file is located in the startup directory (hardscene.properties)
  2. The HardScene server leverages the port you specify in the config file, otherwise it uses 28894 by default

How to connect to the server

Connecting using HardScene-Client (recommended)

1. Download HardScene-Client.jar from https://github.com/Speentie8081/HardScene-Client/raw/764a3d956db732a3de22d6bbba952615f4cc6649/HardScene-Client.jar
  2. Navigate into the directory containing the file in terminal and type java -jar HardScene-Client.jar
  3. Type in the external IP for the remote server followed by :28894 (or whatever port you specified in the config)
  4. After entering the address, you should then be asked for a display name, type your administrative username here
  5. After that you will be asked for an auth token, type your administrative password here
  6. Finally, if all went well, you will then be connected to the remote server managed by HardScene

Connecting using PuTTY (supported)

1. Download putty-0.67-installer.msi from https://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.67/x86/putty-0.67-installer.msi
  2. Complete the installation of PuTTY, while configuring it to your liking
  3. Once PuTTY is ready for use, switch the protocol from SSH to Raw
  4. Type in the external IP for the remote server into the first box, and the port (28894 by default) into the other
  5. Finally let PuTTY connect to directly to the server, if unsuccessful check the firewall settings on the remote server
  6. You will then be asked for a display name, type your administrative username here
  7. After that you will be asked for an auth token, type your administrative password here
  8. Finally, if all went well, you will then be connected to the remote server managed by HardScene

Connecting using your web browser (supported)

1. Connect to the external ip of the remote server followed by :28894 (or whatever port you specified in the config)
  2. If the page is seemingly stuck trying to load, try refreshing the page a couple times
  3. You will be then asked for a display name, type your administrative username here
  4. After that you will be asked for an auth token, type your administrative password here
  5. After entering your username and auth token into the text boxes provided to you the webpage, click “Login”
  6. Finally, if all went well, you will then be connected to the remote server managed by HardScene
2 Likes

Support for non-standardized client connections (i.e. PuTTY)

1. Fix single NullPointerException in HardScene_ListenThread.java
  2. Use carriage return as well as a new line character in transport
  3. Beta support for unsupported client connections (i.e. PuTTY)

So this is just a remote management terminal for servers? Porting this client to Android would be a great idea nudge nudge

Response 1
This is not specifically a remote management terminal, because its a pure bash / command prompt connection.
I will hopefully make an understandable video about this plugin soon, as it will help many people understand.
Lets just say, HardScene-Client, is the SSH via PuTTY but for HardScene-RemoteTerminal.

Response 2
I had HardScene-Client made for android before (Softly IRC), good idea.
I will think about reviving the Softly IRC project, under the name HardScene-Client.
Hopefully, since I will be turning 14 next year, I will be able to pay the expenses to have it in the play store.

I could possibly be your publisher if you would prefer that. I’d probably help with the android side of things as well, since I have some experience with that as well.

I would be okay with anyone contributing, do you think GitHub allows pull requests on personal projects? Because that would pretty much be the biggest problem with having contributors otherwise. I need to install Android Studio again and re-learn the environment, as its been quite a while since I have worked on the android side.

I don’t know why GitHub would have an issue with you having pull requests.

Just looked into it, and personal projects do support pull requests, so i’d be up for it.
Are you… sure you would like to contribute to a project in experimental stage and founded by a teenager of an unknown name, and locality? Just making sure before you would like to contribute.

It’s still up to me to actually contribute, but sure.

Haha yeah I forgot you never actually said right out that you would like to contribute. Sorry, I cannot think right now, I am so tired… Our GitHub page for this project is as follows… https://www.github.com/Speentie8081/HardScene_Bukkit-RemoteTerminal.

1 Like

Huge news for this project and for anyone using it

We’ve added web browser support! Yes you heard me correctly…
You simply connect to the hardscene server in your web browser.

Hahaha I knew someone would connect to the RemoteTerminal seeing the IP and port.
What is this a38bd file you guys created? I cant read it on linux (I don’t believe?).

Bump submission, many changes and improvements have been made to the API.
Spam prevention is now built-in, and we fixed the HTML code messages issue.
Among other changes, we fixed the display name min/max length issue, improved PuTTY support, and fixed overflow when long messages with escapes in them come to the client, and completely changed how the webpage looks to visitors to make it more mobile friendly.

Updated to fix numerous major bugs found recently
For newcomers this project allows you to hack into any server provider that gives you more then one port to run your Minecraft server

Your working directory now saves in memory! Hurray!
So now if you do “cd …/” in one command and “dir” in another, it knows where you were last!
This is an extremely useful feature, and if that wasn’t enough, we also added a workspace
config option to change where you start working directory wise right when you login.
Also fixed stability issues with the last update, and changed the credit line on the webpage.

This is now actually a useful plugin, now that the plugin offers previously missing crucial features.

Last update notice! Fixed a long-lasting bug with web clients not getting removed on disconnect.
Sorry, but I have to officially stop support Sponge, it is getting hard to maintain so many projects at once.

As you know this was discontinued, but the project has since been revived. You can review the new project at https://ore.spongepowered.org/SkorrloreGaming/rTerminal-cPanel. The project has really taken off, having over 2 thousand downloads and 10 five star reviews on SpigotMC and almost 2 thousand downloads on Bukkit. The new project combines the best of both plugins, HardScene_Sponge and HardScene_Sponge-RemoteTerminal while no longer needing an open port to work. Now we have full web file management as well, a big milestone for the project.