Hello, I'm new here

Hey there, I’m Jake. After reading the information in the General Discussion category, I figured this was the place to create a “Hey there I’m …” post. If I’m wrong, please gracefully correct me :wink:

Anyway, I’m coming over from Spigot and before that, I was at Bukkit. I created a few plugins in my time, but I have since stopped development. All of my old plugins are still up, but only for maintenance/keeping up with the versions of MC.

So, anyway, here’s to a new community. Maybe I’ll get back into coding plugins / mods in the future. I can’t wait for Sponge to be about, so I hope I can make a good acquaintance with this community :smile:

See you around,
Jake

3 Likes

Hey! Welcome to Sponge. It really is revolutionary, so you will probably enjoy it as much as I am. :stuck_out_tongue:

I totally agree. It sounds pretty awesome and I think I’ll stick around here. :sunny:

Welcome to Sponge, yo’.

Hello there, nice to meet you :smile:

I’m going to hijack your thread to continue the topic. I’m also new here!

I’m a long time private server owner who kept up religiously with the Bukkit development from around the time before the Adventure Update come out for Minecraft. It’s been a fun / interesting / crazy ride. Before that I kept a small vanilla server on an old crappy computer.

I’ve always lurked and never posted in these communities. I feel like since Sponge is such a fresh start, maybe I should change that. I’m no good with developing and programming, as I don’t know any languages :frowning:

However, I have taught myself server maintenance over the past 4 years by keeping a a word-of-mouth server up for my group of friends and friends of their friends. The conversation that takes place in forums such as these is invaluable to the information I share with my players.

Looking forward to being a part of this community, and who knows? Maybe one day I’ll be able to contribute something worthwhile to the community, at least in the form of feedback about plugins, ect. This looks like an exciting community to be a part of.

Greetings to all!

• amanatee
2 Likes

Welcome jdersen and amanatee! I can’t say too much, as I’m fairly new here too :stuck_out_tongue:
Hehe, well, enjoy your stay. The community is pretty great from what I’ve seen.

-ET

1 Like

Welcome, I suppose. It’s good to note that we’re all new here.

Here’s to that.

3 Likes

Welcome Jake! This is a great time to the community as we’re just setting it up and everyone here is new. Everything seems to be coming along great!

As for myself, I haven’t done much coding before. I rejoined Minecraft after not playing for a long time, a year and a half ago, when I joined Swag-Craft, a large network at the time. I played factions on that network for a large time getting involved in the community on the forums and posting tons on that (I continued to post while on it and now have 4500+ posts). I brought friends over and Swag-Craft became the main game and hobby that I did. I quickly became helper on the network, later becoming moderator and admin. I helped create another small server for someone and kept getting more involved in Minecraft and Swag-Craft.

Now, I’m the Head-Admin of Swag-Craft, now called Imperial Networks, and want to become a large part of this community. I am currently in a java class at college and am planning on code plugins and helping out as much as I can.

If you ever want to talk or want help with anything, feel free to message me on Skype @ NewAlpha200.

Welcome Here ! i would Like to see Some Project on Sponge ! Don’t give up on coding so easly :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to sponge :smiley: