How do we know if sponge has loaded?

Hi,

I have compiled sponge and added it to he mods folder for a 1.8 forge server. I see in the server console that it has read the sponge implementation. What I am asking for specifically, is their a command that I can type in-game to see if sponge is loaded on the server and check the forge/sponge version?

Haven’t tested if “/version” would work. But I know I should have before I posted. However I am in a class at my university and I don’t have access to my desktop at home to test.

I am trying to develop some plugins for it and I want to execute them on a “live” server so others can test my custom plugins and sponge. Plus I want to be able to show the members of my development community that the server is indeed running Sponge. That is important to me. My members have been waiting on me to code some plugins but I have decided to not do it for Spigot but to wait for Sponge.

Thank you!

1 Like

There are currently no working “live” servers available to download.

There’s several signs during startup that shows that a sponge server is loading.
The first sign is FML finding the coremod
[main/INFO] [FML]: Loading tweaker org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinTweaker from sponge-1.8-11.14.0.1290-SNAPSHOT.jar
You can also see the mixins loading e.g
[main/INFO] [mixin]: Mixing server.MixinMinecraftServer into net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer

You know sponge is loaded when FML makes a dummy connection and lists SpongeAPIMod
[Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [mcp, FML, Forge, SpongeAPIMod] at CLIENT
[Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [mcp, FML, Forge, SpongeAPIMod] at SERVER

There currently is no logging messages from sponge directly.

6 Likes

@DotDash I know their are not sponge downloads. My thread says I compiled sponge. This means that I have the source code on my computer and I compiled it (put it together myself) and ran it as a development server. Anyone can do this that understands some programming and an IDE.

@simon816 Thank you! This was exactly what I was looking for! Glad to see I got it working. I am getting exactly what you posted in the console. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Additionally if you are looking for a command there is a /sponge version command that you can run and check that way.

(For people reading this thread now from the future)