How will Sponge work with Bungeecord?

We need SpongeeCord.

credit to vemacs for that one :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

@Komp

Sponge Servers include SpigotAPI and SpongeAPI , SpigotAPI include the support of BungeeCord

3 Likes

I was just joking :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

And for Windows Servers… an surprise is in code…

I am glad to hear that it is compatible with BungeeCord, I was originally worried that it wouldn’t.

@Presidentx Sponge is a coremod so what you really should be asking is if Forge will be supporting BungeeCord and the answer is yes as it has been since 1.6.

I always thought, the functionality that bungee cord provides should be built in to forge or sponge.

I assume the IP and UUID forwarding thing is just a basic event capture?

For example, if there was a PlayerPreLoginEvent, it could allow the reported IP address and UUID to be modified, or maybe just a method on the Player class. Does Bungeecord include the info early in the handshake?

Phew from me too! :slight_smile:

Well I’m glad that bungee cord or a bungee cord equivalent will be available.

Ditto, this is incredibly vital to many servers including mine!

No , Sponge is an compilation of Forge , Spout ,and Bukket , and is not an coremod!!

No… Sponge is a core mod that sits on top of Forge…

Umm… No, you are wrong. It’s a coremod for the forge platform.

Forge support is now in the main Bungee repo - so everything should “just work” (as long as you use the latest Forge client).

@Raphfrk - I’ve only just noticed your question.

The IP and UUID forwarding information is included as part of the original handshake between server and Bungee - I think it’s the first packet from client->server. There was a bit of information about it on this Bungee issue and the code that actually patches the handshake in Bungee is here - if Sponge can capture this handshake information then yes, such an event could theoretically modify it.

If anyone has Spigot’s patches to hand then maybe you could look what what needs to be done server side to support IP forwarding, and translate that into a plugin/mod to work with Sponge/Forge.

Yes, Bungeecord will be compatible with Sponge.

Yes! Sponge keeps getting better and better!

1 Like

BungeeCord and Sponge are working good for me, but I can’t get BungeePortals to work.

BungeePortals still requires a server side plugin to work, of which hasn’t been ported yet.

Also, one hell of a necropost.

2 Likes

Ohh, thanks for letting me know.

Also sorry, newb on all forums. Never been a social woman so I’m new here as well.

1 Like