[Abandoned] 🔑 PermissionManager [v3.0.1] [API 5.X] A simple and easy permission plugin

I have created a promotion named ‘staff’’ and staff.yml has appeared in the promotions folder but it’s contents are null. No idea how to add groups in a promotion

Did you save it?

Yes I did, again infact. Still says null.

It’s normal, if you didn’t set anything in the promotion/group it will return null. Set a permission to the group and it will work.

Ah got it. But I’m still a bit confused about how the promotion works.
“A promotion allows you to add and remove groups, permissions and options to a user.”
According to the wiki^

What I want is to make a simple rank ladder, from Trial-Mod to Mod and then to Admin.

add:
permissions: # The user will receive these permissions overall
- permissionmanager.*
- minecraft.*
groups: # The user will this group overall
- Admin
options: # The user will this option overall
prefix: ‘[Admin]’
worlds:
DIM1:
permissions: # The user will receive this permission in the world DIM1
- ‘*’
groups: # The user will receive this groupin the world DIM1
- Builder
options: # The user will receive this option in the world DIM1
prefix: ‘[Builder]’
(Taken from the wiki again)
This configuration clearly directs towards a user, so I’m at a loss of how to make a simple rank ladder:3

The promotions contains a list of permissions, groups and options that you can add or remove to a player. There is no rank ladder with PermissionManager. You will create a promotion named Mod that will add the group Mod to the player and remove the group Mod-Trial to the player. It will be the same for the Admin promotion. You will remove the group Mod and add the group Admin to the player.

Erm. So I simply created a promotion named ‘Mod’ and applied it to me while being in the Trial-Mod group which did nothing (after saving it).
Do I have to add something to the folder/group?

EDIT**
Got it to work!

1 Like

Ah right. Are permissions from the default group inherited by the others? It’s rank is the last one by the way.

Only if you add the group to the inheritance. If you want to inherit from a group, you have to add the group to the user or the group.

Ah alright :grinning:

Another question. If I want all messages sent from the Admin group to be in red colour, would it be possible? I’m using Nucleus and there’s a command in pex for editing options but I don’t know about this plugin.
Tried this:-

options:
namecolour: ‘&c’

Didn’t work.

To set an option you have to do /pm users your_username set option option_here value_here or /pm groups group_name set option option_here value_here

Thanks. It worked alright!

1 Like

Hello, just completed the bulgarian translation http://pastebin.com/ZYbsVX28

2 Likes

Thank you, I will add it to PM.

Reading through this it seems having some example files on the wiki may help.
Or have them pre-genned with the plugin.

Any idea what we can do to fix the enjin offline status bug when we use your plugin? Btw great work so far :slight_smile:

For the Enjin bug, we have to wait. I sent them a message about it and we will have to wait an update from their plugin.

Alright thanks a lot for the fast reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Having a really tough time getting permission inheritance to work. I did all of them at once, saved everything, restarted the server and a couple groups still didn’t have their inheritance group. So I went back 3 times now. Added the group for inheritance, saved the group, restarted the server… Nothing the inheritance is gone again. I even checked the files before I closed the server and they had the inheritance group. After restarting and checking, they were gone again. So, I closed the server and manually added all of the inheritance. I started the server again and loaded all of the groups again. I checked the and the inheritance groups were there. So for quality control I restarted the server again, and then all of the inheritance groups are gone again and it even created a new default group for no reason. These are the same couple of groups from the start. Some groups, the inheritance worked perfect, others it won’t work no matter what and they go away every time I restart the server.