[Abandoned] 🔑 PermissionManager [v3.0.1] [API 5.X] A simple and easy permission plugin

i use your tutorial adventuremmo for x lvl to use x skill but it not work i guess its about my group yml i cant add rules to my group yml

Just to check that I have this formatted correctly …

As a file for a group named Rookie:

permissions:

• polis.hq.use
  • nucleus.mail.base
    default: true
    options:
    prefix: ‘Rookie’

And then for the one that inherits from Rookie:

permissions:

• nucleus.kits.regular
    default: false
    options:
    prefix: ‘Regular’
    groups:
  • Rookie

Do I need to set up a promotion for this? I’m still not fully sure on what promotions do.

You have to see à promotion like à bunch of commands. The promotion will add/remove groups, options and permissions to à user. If, you won’t have to write à lot of commands to promote à user.

If we run a promotion to remove a group, will all the permissions within that group be removed as that group is no longer accessible by the user?

I don’t understand the purpose of promoting a user to a specific promotion file.

Surely just placing them in the group would be the same effect?

Yes, it will do the same thing as if you just add them to the group.

can someone show me example group.yml for adding rules to group
edit: i check wiki it not help me at all

There is no group.yml, one file contains one group.

To create a rule with Adventuremmo, you have to do this.

rules:
    permission.you.want.to.restrict.here
        adventuremmo:
            skills:
                mining: 30
                woodcutting: 30

May I ask, is there a way to set the amount of homes a player has? (by group) for example: Default have 2, Mods have 4 Admins have 6 etc…

Thank you!

That all depends on what plugin you are using for homes.

If it uses permission options then sure!
https://github.com/djxy/PermissionManager-2.0/wiki/Eng-—-Options

1 Like

It does use PermissionManager, infact im using Nucleus

Use the command along the lines of /pm groups # set option home-count #

just replace the # with the appropriate things and you should be good to go :slight_smile:, i use nucleus and this is what i did.

Got the information for this from http://nucleuspowered.org/docs/modules/home.html

2 Likes

Using Permmanager, latest version, an admin with all perms ("*") can’t place command blocks even though it’s enabled server side, am I missing something?

What are the plugins you are using?

Just perm manager, we recently wiped our world and made a new pixelmon server, without permmanager an OP can place them but with perm manager they place and are instantly removed, if they aren’t opped they can’t even place, does Permmanager not completely remove the OP thing anyways? We can still op people with it installed.

I should add, on our previous server it worked, we brought the group files over from the previous server aswell, could that have messed something up?

Write this in the console. /pm debug on

Them try to break or place à block. Check the console. It will peints something. I would like to see it

So the server owner put redprotect on now apprently, but we tested it without redprotect and just perm manager and it wasn’t working before, I don’t know why he did that while we’re trying to debug, i’ll have the text in a moment

[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.user.User]: d87d7ac0-66a8-48a3-9f12-b8300e89b447 get permission value for worldedit.limit.unrestricted - []
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Admin get permission value for worldedit.limit.unrestricted - [world=Take 2]
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.user.User]: d87d7ac0-66a8-48a3-9f12-b8300e89b447 get permission value for worldedit.limit.unrestricted - []
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Admin get permission value for worldedit.limit.unrestricted - [world=Take 2]
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.user.User]: d87d7ac0-66a8-48a3-9f12-b8300e89b447 get permission value for redprotect.bypass - []
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Admin get permission value for redprotect.bypass - [world=Take 2]
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.user.User]: d87d7ac0-66a8-48a3-9f12-b8300e89b447 get permission value for  - []
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Admin get permission value for  - [world=Take 2]
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Builder get permission value for  - [world=Take 2]
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Moderator get permission value for  - [world=Take 2]
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Ace_Trainer get permission value for  - [world=Take 2]
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Admin get permission value for  - []
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Builder get permission value for  - []
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Moderator get permission value for  - []
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Ace_Trainer get permission value for  - []
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.user.User]: d87d7ac0-66a8-48a3-9f12-b8300e89b447 get permission value for redprotect.bypass - []
[17:12:12] [Server thread/INFO] [io.github.djxy.permissionmanager.subjects.group.Group]: Admin get permission value for redprotect.bypass - [world=Take 2]

You have worldedit. Only test with PermissionManager. No mods and no plugins.